Ensure a high standard of integrity and honesty in all casino gaming operations and related support services. Ensure the protection of Tribal assets and the safety and security of patrons and employees. Monitor overall day to day compliance by Viejas as required in the minimum internal control standards, compact, ordinance and regulations. Observe various gaming operations as they take place, reviewing appropriate records related to the various operating areas and inspecting physical aspects of the facility to verify that the policies, systems, procedures and controls are effective and are in compliance. Follow up on reported violations and work closely with casino security and management personnel. Investigate and write reports on actual or suspected criminal activity by both patrons and employees. Testify in court and administrative hearings when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Advises on gaming violations, criminal activity or persons associated with criminal activity.
- Conducts surveillance on all areas of gaming and money operations.
- Plans investigations or surveillance operations to prevent theft, loss or violations of the integrity of gaming.
- Assists in training of instruction on loss prevention.
- Observes and reports on matters, so directed, concerning gaming and maintain Casino integrity.
- Monitors activities of patrons and employees to assist in ensuring compliance with the laws, regulations and internal controls.
- Monitors the facility to assist in ensuring that the safety, health and security of patrons and employees are protected.
- Coordinates with and assist management, Security and law enforcement agencies when necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable in the conduct of all games offered by Viejas Casino.
- Must be proficient in the operation of all Surveillance-related equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in all Casino internal controls, policies, and procedures, Federal and Tribal Gaming Regulations and Compact requirements.
- Conducts investigations and writes reports on actual or suspected violations of Casino internal controls, gaming laws and regulations and any criminal activity by either employees or patrons.
- Must have basic technical knowledge of slot machine functions and verify large jackpots.
- Assists Commission Compliance Officers and Surveillance Officers as needed.
- Physically maintains a presence on the casino floor to observe activities and compliance with applicable controls, laws, and regulations.
- Exercises judgment in investigating, evaluating and resolving customer disputes related to gaming.
- Recommends to the Commissioner, as necessary, new or revised regulations to more accurately and effectively control casino operations.
- Serves patrons with formal exclusion notices when necessary.
- Exercises sound judgment and conducts summary license suspensions when authorized by a supervisor.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties assigned.
Does not provide supervision to others.
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Basic mathematical skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to cigarette fumes. The employee must be able to work in small dark and confined spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is located in Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.