Kitchen Utility Supervisor
Food and Beverage
Coordinates and schedules work for the Kitchen Utility staff. Provides support for the chefs and cooks in maintaining a clean and orderly kitchen. Ensures equipment and facilities conform to proper sanitation standards.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
· Responsible for overseeing personnel, coordinating duties and scheduling of employees in the dish washing and utility departments including performance appraisal and discipline.
· Trains dish washing machine operator and utility workers to casino standards.
· Conducts cleanliness inspections of Food and Beverage areas and ensures areas high standards of cleanliness and sanitation are uphold. Takes corrective measures when needed.
· Ensures that rubber mats are washed and floors are swept, mopped, and free of debris.
· Ensures that refrigerators and freezers are kept clean and organized.
· Ensures that trash cans, deep fryers, shelves, prep tables, ovens, warmers, stainless steel hoods, back walls, filters are kept clean.
· Ensures that food items, pots, pans, dishes and utensils are kept organized and at least 6 inches off the floor at all times.
· Ensures that boxes are broken down and disposed of.
· Ensures that linen bags are changed and hot grease from the deep fryers is emptied at time of changing.
· Ensures all health regulations are maintained to prevent food borne illnesses.
· Ensures compliance with and enforces HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) and hygiene standards, including cleanliness and sanitation of work area; food areas clean and presentable; and temperature tracking.
· Complies with applicable governmental laws and regulations.
· Follows company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Is a role model of the Viejas’s service culture.
* Leads by example and creates strong morale and engagement in his/her team.
* Communicates company and departmental goals and fosters open communication across the department.
* Fosters a culture of accountability, providing regular feedback to team members, including celebrating successes and addressing areas needing improvement.
* Manages conflict effectively; listens and assesses situations; takes action to resolve.
* Interacts with guests and peer groups.
* Leads one or more team members in the performance of a variety of tasks that are often complex.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Good verbal, written and communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress work environment.
* Must be dependable, timely and have high attention to detail.
* Must be flexible to work different shifts, evenings, and holidays.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* 3 to 5 years of related experience and/or training or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is located in Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.