Cook II- Team Member Dining Room
Food and Beverage
Prepares and cooks food orders including meat, fish, poultry and related items in a prompt and accurate manner. Ensures food is of proper quality, taste and presentation when prepared or served to guests.
PAY RATE: $20.00 hr
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Responsible for the preparation of hot and cold food items. Checks prep list, inventory on hand against projected needs to determine production.
* Prepares and cooks food orders, including meat, fish, poultry and related items according to prescribed menus or recipes in a prompt and accurate manner.
* Observes and tests food being cooked by taste, aroma and temperature using a thermometer to determine that food is cooked properly.
* Maintains high standards of quality and appearance for all food prepared and served.
* Understands and maintains consistency of product and quality assurance.
* Ensures proper storage of product by checking storeroom, walk-ins, freezer and other areas to ensure maximum product shelf life is maintained.
* Checks recipes for specific storage procedures and requirements.
* Ensures all food items are properly covered, dated, and rotated to obtain proper quality control.
* Checks par levels to determine variety and quantity of food products required per shift as well as the set-up for the following shift.
* Stocks and maintains proper inventory level of food supplies, ingredients, and other consumables on the menus.
* Understands and practices food safety and sanitation procedures.
* Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
* Complies with company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures, and applicable governmental laws and regulations.
* Maintains and operates kitchen equipment properly.
* Setups and restocks kitchen.
* Breaks down, cleans, sanitizes and reassembles all food preparation equipment after each use.
* Exhibits competency with knife handling skills, executing accuracy at an accelerated pace.
* Communicates product needs. Alerts Sous Chef when product levels are low, so that new product can be ordered.
* Attends and supports all guest service training courses.
* Maintains knowledge of current marketing promotions and/or special events.
* Follows the recipes developed by the Sous Chef
* Maintains knowledge of flavoring and seasoning.
* Attends all Kitchen Staff Meetings as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Interacts with peer groups.
* Does not provide supervision to others.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Holidays and paid-time off.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Match.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Excellent opportunities to grow your career
- Complimentary transportation to and from work on Viejas buses from a variety of locations in San Diego
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Demonstrated knowledge of char-grill, range, steamer, salamander, fryers and oven use.
* Demonstrated knowledge of knife and culinary skills.
* Knowledge of basic butchering of meat and fish, salad and cold food preparation.
* Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment.
* Ability to adjust to and manage change effectively.
* Must be dependable, timely and have high attention to detail.
* Must be flexible to work different shifts.
* Previous working knowledge of Point of Sales (POS) system preferred.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Food Handler’s Card must be obtained before commencing duties.
* 2 to 3 years of restaurant production/cooking experience required.
* 1 to 2 years of fine dining experience preferred.
This position is located in Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.