Food & Beverage Attendant
Food and Beverage
The Food and Beverage Attendant will assist in providing accurate, friendly and professional food and beverage services in multiple venues and delivers food and beverage orders in a professional and efficient manner.
PAY RATE: $15.00
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
- Product Knowledge
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of menus and drinks, including ingredients, common allergies, and food/drink terminology.
- Able to articulate in-depth type of food and drinks including flavors and ingredients.
- Knows the casino floor plan, including machine and/or table layout in the assigned areas.
- Food Standards and Compliance
- Follows and complies with applicable governmental laws and regulations, company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures.
- Practices safe work habits at all times to avoid injury to self and others, including the safe operation of all relevant equipment and machinery.
- Ensures all health regulations are maintained to prevent food borne illnesses.
- Ensures a clean, safe, and hazard free work environment is maintained.
- Beverage Station Functions
- Interacts with guests on the casino floor.
- Listens to guest requests and makes recommendations on drink requests.
- Prepares non-alcoholic drinks and serves them guests.
- Keeps supplies stocked, fills ice bins as necessary, makes/empties coffee, maintains nozzles and wipes down/sweeps area.
- Expediter/Busser Functions
- Verifies the ticket with server's name and sets up server’s exact order(s) for pick-up by server.
- Verifies the quality of food.
- Occasionally, when requested, expedites order to appropriate area and places on jack stand/carts in the server's station with proper ticket.
- Adds the appropriate garnishes to orders, such as au jus, guacamole, or sour cream.
- Rotates inventory including breads, condiments, consumables and perishables.
- Replenishes kitchen area with dishware and utensils from the dishwashing area.
- Clears dirty dishes, cups, utensils, place mats, paper cups and glass wares in areas assigned.
- Banquet Server Functions
- Participates in the set-up and tear down of each function by referring to the banquet sheets as provided.
- Removes all dishes, glassware and unused items from tables as necessary.
- Distributes drinks and cocktails to guests.
- Distributes food to guests or may direct and assists guests in the serving lines.
- Cleans ash trays and busses tables when necessary.
- May utilize a handheld electronic device to monitor service requests and ticket times.
- May utilize a radio or blue tooth device to communicate with Food and Beverage personnel.
- Effectively communicates and works closely with other FB Attendants, including Food and Beverage personnel, in order to deliver prompt and excellent service.
- Other Duties
- Uses point-of-sale (POS) tickets to prepare non-alcoholic and food orders to specifications.
- Provides assistance with food preparation or other kitchen duties as needed.
- Promotes and maintains positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Attends all mandatory meetings as directed.
- Performs all related and compatible duties as assigned.
Interacts with internal and external guests.
Does not provide supervision to others.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong guest service skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with diverse personalities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high activity environment.
- Ability to multitask, self-starter, punctual and able to adjust to change.
- Must be flexible to work different shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.