Housekeeper/Guest Room Attendant
Hotel and Spa
Responsible for the cleanliness and overall appearance of guest rooms, corridors, and linen closets. The duties are making beds, dusting, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning bathrooms, windows, and stocking cart with room supplies.
PAY RATE: $18.00 hr
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Dusts, brushes, polishes, and vacuums furniture.
* Dusts and cleans room decorations, appliances, wall fixtures, window sills, and vents.
* Vacuums and sweeps carpets and floors in the rooms and hallways.
* Mops floors as needed.
* Removes bed sheets and pillowcases from the bed and remakes the bed with clean linens, tightening the edges for crisp appearance.
* Checks for damaged linens.
* Ensures rooms meet the company’s standards.
* Cleans showers, tubs, sinks, and toilets, and bathroom items.
* Picks up wet towels off the floor and replaces them with clean towels.
* Removes used guest amenities and trash.
* Maintains linen rooms and stock carts with supplies and equipment.
* Re-stocks drinks in the room as needed.
* Replenishes guest amenities and supplies.
* Puts dirty linens into laundry cart.
* Responds to requests and resolves internal and external guests’ complaints or in a timely manner or refers to the appropriate management team.
* Records room status on work assignment sheets.
* Attends brief staff meeting with the housekeeping supervisor for update on ongoing hotel activities and to obtain room assignment before start of shift.
* Stocks carts with room supplies and maintains equipment.
* Participates in company’s safety program and may instruct others in proper and safe practices.
* Follows company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures, and applicable governmental laws and regulations.
* Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
* Performs all other duties as requested by Housekeeping Manager.
FOUR STAR AND FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE COMMITMENT
All Team Members will display a Forbes Travel Guide Four Star and AAA Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Viejas Casino & Resort.
* Interacts with internal/external guests and peer groups
* Does not provide supervision to others.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and values teamwork.
* Ability to clean 16 room credits within one month of hire.
* Ability to effectively communicate with guests and team members verbally or in written form.
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule according to business needs, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
* Must be able to be certified in blood borne pathogens/bio-hazardous material clean up (training will be provided).
* Three months of related experience and/or training.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.