Entertainment Production Supervisor
Entertainment and Production
The Production Supervisor will supervise and coordinate the daily activities of production technicians, develop and train team members on job expectations and responsibilities; ensure guest satisfaction and safety is maintained; ensure departmental procedures, rules, regulations and standards are followed; and ensure that staff is aware of enterprise event and marketing promotions.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of production technicians to ensure that the events/shows are produced on time and are of excellent quality.
* Monitors work flow to ensure safe practices, work quality and accuracy.
* Monitors schedules and staffing throughout the event to ensure proper coverage at all times.
* Observes, trains, coaches, disciplines, and documents team member’s guest service and technical performance.
* Participates in the design, plan, and coordination of special projects to improve, enhance, the production team.
* Participates in team members acquisition process.
* Trains staff on the expectations and responsibilities of their positions.
* Ensures staff is trained in all departmental procedures, rules, regulations, and standards.
* Ensures staff is aware of marketing promotions and changes related to Viejas Enterprises’ policies and procedures.
* Attends show rehearsal and reviews show concept with the actor(s) or team leaders.
* Oversee show logistics and ensures that high presentation quality and safe practices are maintained at all time.
* Troubleshoots and solves issues that arise regarding equipment and services. Generates and facilitates the repair/ re-engagement of the equipment or service.
* Ensures that all supplies and equipment will be on the site, assembled and ready to use when required both on Viejas property and outside locations.
* Investigates and resolves guest complaints about production equipment and service in a timely manner while ensuring guest satisfaction.
* Keeps management informed of all pertinent information that may affect the department and reports issues and problems as they arise, along with recommendations for solutions.
* Maintains appropriate communication with management and other departments with follow-up to ensure completion of tasks that may affect the delivery of exceptional service.
* Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, respect, professionalism, and team member satisfaction.
* Complies with and follows Viejas Guest Service Standards.
* Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Is a role model of the Viejas’s service culture.
* Leads by example and creates strong morale and engagement in his/her team.
* Communicates company and departmental goals and fosters open communication across the department.
* Fosters a culture of accountability, providing regular feedback to team members, including celebrating successes and addressing areas needing improvement.
* Manages conflict effectively; listens and assesses situations; takes action to resolve.
* Interacts with internal and external guests.
* Interacts daily with subordinates and/ or functional peer groups. Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
* Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals, and maintaining schedules. A portion of time is normally spent performing individual tasks related to the unit or sub-unit.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Associate’s degree preferred.
* Valid California Driver’s license.
* 3 or more years of related experience and/or training.
* Supervisory experience required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Proficiency in show control systems, lighting, electrical distribution, sound, media equipment, laser, and pyrotechnics.
* Knowledge of mechanical repair and ability to troubleshoot electronics down to the component level.
* Knowledge of OSHA and other applicable regulations related to entertainment.
* Ability to implement best safety practices.
* Working knowledge of Apple operating systems and hardware.
* Knowledge of stage design and operations programs, Martin-MPC, PreSonus-Unity, Vectorwerks, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Playback Pro, Keynote, Visual Presenter.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively and resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
* Must be able to work flexible schedule according to business needs, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.