Accounting and Finance
Casino Service Cashier performs varied duties to ensure accurate, safe, and efficient operation of all cash handling (cash, coin, chip, credit cards, and check cashing transactions) and player’s club membership functions while complying with applicable governmental laws and regulations, casino and departmental policies and procedures, Title 31 Regulations, Minimum Internal Control Standards, and Tribal Gaming Commission Regulations.
PAY RATE: $17.00
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Consistently conducts accurate coin, chip, slot machine tickets, and, cash handling transactions for guests and team members in timely and efficient manner.
* Processes checks, credit/debit card transactions, promotional vouchers, gift cards, and foreign currency exchanges.
* Issues, replenishes, and receives banks from Viejas team members, and prepares and pays out jackpot/promotional payouts.
* Processes gaming chip fill/credit requests with Table Games Department team members, and chip transfers with Cage Operations team members.
* Processes credit markers, front money, and safekeeping transactions.
* Balances the drawer at the end of shift and reports any discrepancies (shortages or overages) on the appropriate documentation.
* Maintains and operates all machinery used to perform day-to-day functions, including currency counters, coin counters, coin carts and computers.
* Creates new player’s account by collecting valid identification card, verifying account duplications, entering required information into CMP player club system accurately, setting up PINs, and producing players’ club cards.
* Assists guests with account information such as providing win/loss information, answering membership upgrade questions, providing point balance, verifying club members’ eligibility to participate in promotions, resetting PINs and producing duplicate cards.
* Prints and issues promotion redemptions, point redemptions, and issuance of promotional items and vouchers as requested by club members.
* Issues free slot play and food coupons to club members up to authorized limit.
* Maintains in-depth knowledge of Viejas’ player’s club program, all promotions and events for the hotel and casino, and able to explain accurate information to guests.
* Communicates in a courteous and professional manner with guests and other team members.
* Complies with governmental laws and regulations, casino and departmental policies and procedures, Title 31 Regulations, Minimum Internal Control Standards, and Tribal Gaming Commission Regulations.
* Complies with and follows Viejas Guest Service Standards while performing job duties. Resolves problems within expectations and timely escalates to a supervisor as needed.
* Adheres to all hygiene and safety standards. Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
* Attends all required classes, meetings, and trainings.
* Protects company assets and reports any fraudulent activity to Management.
* May assist with casino promotions and special events, as needed.
* Performs all related and compatible duties as assigned.
* Interacts with peer groups.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Demonstrated strong customer service skills including enthusiastic, energetic, professional, friendly and courteous behavior at all times.
* Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and values teamwork.
* Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Knowledge of basic computer skills.
* Proficient with 10-key by touch.
* Dependable, punctual and with the ability to adjust and manage change effectively.
* Ability to maintain accurate records.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be flexible to work different shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be 21 years or older.
* 1 to 3 years of related experience and/or training.
* Some sales experience preferred.
* Cage cashier, bank teller, retail store associate, or in a related area preferred.
* Player tracking system, slot machine, and table games experience preferred.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.