Food and Beverage
The Beverage Server is responsible for delivering food and both alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages to guests on the casino floor; stocking F&B supplies, ice, and packaged food products; clearing dirty dishes, cups, and utensils; wiping down areas on the casino floor; and may push a beverage cart to serve drinks and snacks.
PAY RATE: $15.00 hr
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Maintains a constant presence throughout assigned areas and proactively approaches and offers friendly, timely, and professional food and beverage services to guests.
* Maintains in-depth knowledge of food menu and drinks on the floor, including common allergies, food/drink terminology, and is able to articulate in-depth information on type of food and drink flavors and ingredients.
* Maintains complete knowledge of liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selections available on the casino floor.
* Uses handheld electronic devices too accurately and timely place food/drink orders on the casino floor, and monitor service ticket requests and times.
* Uses point-of-sale (POS) tickets to prepare non-alcoholic drink orders to specifications.
* Pushes beverage carts through assigned area of casino floor and serves beverages and snacks to guests as needed.
* Responsible for heavy stocking of coffee, cups, paper products, utensils, packaged food products and ice.
* Clears dirty dishes, cups, utensils, place mats, paper cups and glass wares off the casino floor and food carts. Separates all dishware, flatware and glassware in the correct bins.
* May be required to perform deep cleaning duties in the server station.
* Maintains and practices safe work habits at all times to avoid injury to self and others, including service area (floor, flat surfaces, and warm bins) and the safe operation of all relevant equipment and machinery.
* Effectively communicates and works closely with Casino Service Representatives and Food and Beverage team members in order to deliver prompt and excellent service.
* Maintains knowledge of and effectively promotes company services.
* Follows and complies with applicable governmental laws and regulations, company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures.
* Ensures all health regulations are maintained to prevent food borne illnesses.
* Attends all mandatory meetings as directed.
* Performs all related and compatible duties as assigned.
* Interacts with internal and external guests.
* Does not provide supervision to others.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong guest service skills and attention to detail.
* Demonstrated proficiency in cash handling.
* Ability to deal with diverse personalities.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, high activity environment.
* Ability to multitask, self-starter, punctual and able to adjust to change.
* Must be flexible to work different shifts, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* High school diploma or general education degree required.
* Vocational training or the equivalent preferred.
* Food Handler’s card required.
* RASS or TIPS Certification of alcohol awareness program must be obtained within 30 days of employment and maintain current certification.
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* 0 to 2 year of experience and/or training.
* Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.