Food and Beverage
Prepares and cooks Chinese food for guests while ensuring that the food is presented in an appealing and appetizing manner.
PAY RATE: $19.00
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Performs Chinese style cooking by following recipes for items being prepared.
* Responsible for the preparation, quality, and quantity of food prepared.
* Ensures that food is presented to the standard and in an appealing and appetizing manner.
* Ensures all food items are properly rotated and that the iceboxes, as well as the general working area are kept neat and clean in accordance with the city and state health department codes.
* Checks par levels to determine variety and quantity of food products required per shift as well as the set-up for the following shift.
* Stocks and maintains proper inventory level of food supplies, ingredients, and other consumables on the menus.
* Set ups and restocks kitchen.
* Cleans and sanitizes all food preparation equipment.
* May assists with bussing and resetting tables using designated cleaning supplies.
* Stays current on various casino and VOC events and promotions in order to respond to guest inquiries.
* Understands and practices good safety and sanitation procedures.
* Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
* Complies with company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures, applicable governmental laws and regulations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Interacts with peer groups.
* Does not provide supervision to others.
WE ALSO OFFER:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off (up to 15 days within the first year)
- Team Member event days with complimentary meals
- College tuition reimbursement up to $5000/year
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Bonus eligibility
- Career development & training opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision & chiropractor benefits (80% paid by Viejas)
- Retirement benefits with company match
- Medical & dental flexible spending accounts
- Accident, critical illness, and disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Demonstrate knowledge of culinary arts.
* Demonstrated basic knowledge of understanding fryers and oven use.
* Demonstrated basic knife skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment.
* Ability to adjust to and manage change effectively.
* Must be dependable, timely and have high attention to detail.
* Must be flexible to work different shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
* Class work in cooking school and/or Culinary Arts degree preferred.
* Food Handler’s Card must be obtained before commencing duties.
* 1 to 2 years of related experience or training required.
This position is located in Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.