Bingo Food Attendant
Food and Beverage
Are you excited about Bingo? Come join the Viejas Bingo food and beverage team. Viejas is a Four Diamond Casino & Resort! Viejas provides world-class service and we are looking for friendly, customer service oriented individuals who are passionate about people and promoting an environment that will make us #1. Viejas is a 24/7 operation, so scheduling flexibility is a must. The ideal candidate must be 21 years of age or older, high school diploma or general education degree (GED). Food Handler’s Card must be obtained before commencing duties. 1-2 years food and beverage experience.
Job Duties Include:
- Greets guests at the Bingo Snack Bar, handles cash transactions and operates the cash register.
- Prepares and cooks snacks requiring short preparation time, such as nachos, hot dogs, popcorn, etc.
- Prepares and stocks all items during shift, such as condiments, paper goods, and food items.
- The Team Members are expected to perform the description below along with interacting with all guests in a welcoming, friendly, energetic and cheerful manner.
- Always greets the guest with a smile, works collaboratively with all Viejas Team Members to develop and maintain a positive relationship in delivering an unsurpassed experience at all times.
We take good care of our team members by offering recognition for top performers, career advancement, a competitive salary, group insurance and retirement benefits, and paid time off – just to name a few!
Greets guests at the Bingo Snack Bar, handles cash transactions and operates the cash register. Prepares and cooks snacks requiring short preparation time, such as nachos, hot dogs, popcorn, etc. Prepares and stocks all items during shift, such as condiments, paper goods, and food items. The Team Members are expected to perform the description below along with interacting with all guests in a welcoming, friendly, energetic and cheerful manner. Always greets the guest with a smile, works collaboratively with all Viejas Team Members to develop and maintain a positive relationship in delivering an unsurpassed experience at all times.
- Understands and practices food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
- Complies with company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures, and applicable governmental laws and regulations.
- Guest Service – Provide top quality guest service
- Greets and seats guests in the Bingo Hall.
- Answers telephone and provides timely response to guest inquiries, and/or takes messages as appropriate.
- Uses radio/Bluetooth to communicate with Team Members and Managers.
- Attends and supports all guest service training courses.
- Stays current on various casino and VOC events and promotions in order to respond to guest inquiries.
- Cashier Duties
- Receives payment and processes the transaction on computerized cash register, counts back change out loud for the protection of guest and restaurant.
- Verifies accuracy of all items on guest checks by confirming the correct pricing, discounts and method of payment.
- Counts revenue received and balances cash drawer at the end of shift, immediately alerts management of discrepancies.
- Expediter/Cook Service
- Assists in preparing orders and ensuring they are placed in the proper location.
- Verifies food tickets that are presented prior to delivering food to guests.
- Verifies food tickets that are presented by servers or guests to obtain food items and prepares items as required.
- Prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Beverage Service
- Verifies age drinking limit and recognizes when guests have reached their drinking limit and refuses to provide additional alcoholic beverages. If needed, escalates the situation and issues/complaints to the manager.
- Food Service
- Takes orders from guests, writes orders down on server pad and enters into Point of Sales (POS) system within prescribed time limit according to Food and Beverage service standards.
- Garnishes and completes dishes prior to serving.
- Delivers completed items from kitchen to guests on trays.
- Communicates with back of house when food selections are low or need refreshing. Once new food selections are ready will exchange/refill tray up front.
- Stocking/Inventory Control
- Responsible for keeping par levels and ordering all food and beverage items from the central kitchen.
- Stocks items such as juice, soda bibs, ice, and packaged food products.
- Stocks coffee, coffee cups, paper products, utensils, condiments, and lids.
- Prepares a waste sheet when necessary.
- Equipment Handling
- Maintains and operates kitchen equipment properly.
- Breaks down and cleans all machinery at the end of every shift.
- Other Duties
- Ensures service areas are clean and free from debris including the floor, flat surfaces, and warming bins in accordance with sanitation standards.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relations and communications with team members, management and guests.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Food Handler’s card must be obtained before commencing duties.
- I.P.S. Card must be obtained within 90 days of start of employment and recertification maintained throughout employment.
1 to 2 years of related experience and/or training.
Previous experience as a food preparation assistant preferred.
Previous experience as a host/or cashier preferred.
- Must be 21 or older to work.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.