Food and Beverage
Provides support for the chefs and cooks in maintaining a clean and orderly kitchen. Ensures kitchen equipment and facilities conform to proper sanitation standards.
PAY RATE: $16.50 hr
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, silverware, china, glassware, cooking utensils and banquet supplies.
* Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all kitchen equipment including cutting board, steam tables, deep fryers, boiler, ovens, steamers, speed racks, and shelves, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, dishwashing machine, and etc.
* Removes trash/laundry bags and transports to for laundry pick-up or dumpsters.
* Cleans and washes garbage cans.
* Separates trash, recycle, cardboard, etc. in the kitchen areas.
* Cleans walls, light fixtures, ceilings and fans in surrounding areas.
* Removes, transports, and returns mats.
* Sweeps and mops floors.
* Cleans drains and walls.
* Takes apart and cleans stoves and surrounding areas.
* Cleans under and around equipment (pulls out equipment on wheels).
* Cleans hoods/boilers including pulling filters and checking drip pans.
* Cleans ceiling tiles, smokers, stock pot and friar filters.
* Deep cleans the venue floors including carpets.
* Stocks and maintains proper inventory level.
* Assists in the storage and organization of shipment stock as needed.
* Responds to calls regarding trash, laundry, spills, etc. ensuring guest satisfaction.
* Responds to emergency calls quickly or refers to supervisor as needed.
* Performs minor maintenance checks and repairs on dishwashing machines.
* Assists the chefs and/or Utility Supervisor with banquet events set-up, breakdown and restock of equipment and food while ensuring that food is presented in an appealing and appetizing manner.
* Ensures all health regulations are maintained to prevent food borne illnesses.
* Ensures compliance with and enforces HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and hygiene standards, including cleanliness and sanitation of work area; food areas clean and presentable; and temperature tracking.
* Complies with applicable governmental laws and regulations.
* Follows company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Interacts with peer groups.
* Does not provide supervision to others.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Good verbal, written and communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress work environment.
* Must be dependable, timely and have high attention to detail.
* Must be flexible to work different shifts, evenings, and holidays.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Six months of cleaning experience either in restaurant or housekeeping.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.