Accounting and Finance
Viejas Casino & Resort, San Diego’s Premier Four Diamond Gaming and Resort destination, is looking for an Accountant II to join our team.
Responsible for a variety of functions involved in the maintenance of financial records. The Accountant II prepares general ledger accounting and month-end analysis, fixed assets and CIP entries for general ledger and reconciliation and related work as required. Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; and preparing reports.
We are looking for team members who are reliable, outgoing, and who believe that providing great guest service is the key to success.
Viejas Casino and Resort is a proud recipient of the AAA Four Diamond award. The resort features world class gaming with 2,500 slot machines, exciting table games, bingo and off-track betting. Our multiple hotel towers have more than 230 luxury rooms and 190 VIP suites. Viejas Casino and Resort also features a variety of restaurants including the AAA Four Diamond Grove Steakhouse, Baron Long Bar & Grill, Ginger Noodle Bar, the Café, and the Daily Roast. The Viejas Outlet Center features not only shopping but also a Bowling Alley, Arcade, and Southern California’s largest outdoor roller rink.
Viejas recognizes that its team members and their diversity are vital to our success and invite you to join our finance team.
Viejas offers its team members:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities and
- Tuition Reimbursement
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
- Prepares entries to the general ledger and reconciles the accounts.
- Compiles and analyzes departmental and casino financial information detailing revenues, expenses, liabilities, and capital.
- Responsible for oversight of all CIP tracking, fixed asset recording and monitoring, including performing periodic asset audits and inventories.
- Calculates and verifies monthly depreciation of fixed assets.
- Analyzes monthly financial results and presents key financial issues to business managers and senior management.
- Analyzes general ledger accounts on a monthly basis and reports on variances.
- Develops annual budgets for assigned departments, working closely with operational management and the Finance Department.
- Develops and prepares monthly key financial reports and variance analysis through coordinated efforts with operational management and the Finance Department.
- Develops and prepares operational and statistical reporting that is timely, accurate, and actionable.
- Prepares detailed reporting and analysis of operational revenue streams and costs for operational departments and senior management.
- Prepares financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other reports.
- Assists in the identification of and execution of ad hoc analytical projects or similar compatible duties directed at improving profitability and productivity.
- Maintains a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a manner that facilitates good relations with customers, co-workers and managers.
- Works collaboratively with all Viejas Team Members to develop and maintain a positive relationship in delivering an unsurpassed experience at all times.
- Continues to improve processes for general accounting as it relates to different departments.
- Ensures adherence to processes, policies, and procedures related to accounting.
- Establishes, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting policies and procedures and accounting internal controls.
- Assists in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Attends all team member meetings and trainings.
- May assist with special events as needed.
- Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is maintained.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to understand financial ratios and corporate financial statements.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and good organizational skills.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Ability to deal with problem involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be a self-starter and able to adjust to change.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Interacts with team members, subject matter experts, management, and department heads to ensure timely and accurate recording of activity into the general ledger.
- Does not provide supervision to others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or related field is required.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in accounting or related area.
- Fixed Asset and CIP experience required.
- Hands-on experience in Lawson GL, AP and Fixed Assets sub-ledger preferred.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.