Expediter- The Cafe
Food and Beverage
The Expediter is responsible for working closely with all F&B Team Members to ensure the smooth flow of restaurant food orders from receipt to delivery. Adds garnishes to orders and keeps the prep station clean and stocked.
PAY RATE: $15.00 hr
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Verifies food order ticket with server's name and prepares exact order(s) for pick-up by server.
* Verifies the quality and presentation of food.
* Occasionally, when requested, expedites order to appropriate table delivering the order to the guests according to seat number, utilizing hand delivery method.
* Exhibits knowledge of table and seat numbers.
* Returns the lids and trays to kitchen.
* Adds the appropriate garnishes to orders, such as au jus, guacamole, or sour cream.
* Keeps prep station clean and stocked.
* Acts as the liaison between the server and the kitchen.
* Makes sure that side work is complete before clocking out.
* Rotates inventory on Service Line including breads, condiments, consumables, and perishables.
* Replenishes the expo line with dishware and utensils from the dishwashing area.
* Responds to guests and team members with questions, problems, or concerns.
* Answers questions regarding menu ingredients and preparation in full detail.
* Maintains knowledge of current marketing promotions and/or special events.
* Maintains in-depth knowledge of menus and drinks, including ingredients, common allergies, and food/drink terminology.
* Articulates in-depth type of food and drinks including flavors and ingredients.
* Follows and complies with applicable governmental laws and regulations, company and departmental policies and standard operating procedures.
* Practices safe work habits at all times to avoid injury to self and others, including the safe operation of all relevant equipment and machinery.
* Understands and practices good safety and sanitation procedures.
* Ensures all health regulations are maintained to prevent food borne illnesses.
* Ensures a clean, safe, and hazard free work environment is maintained.
* Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
* Interacts with internal and external guests.
* Does not provide supervision to other team members.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
* Good verbal and interpersonal relations skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment.
* Must be physically agile and strong enough to lift large serving trays.
* High school diploma or general education degree preferred.
* Food Handler’s Card required.
* RASS or TIPS Certification of alcohol awareness program must be obtained within 90 days of employment and maintain current certification.
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* 1-2 years or more of related experience or training.
This position is located at 5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.