HVAC Utility Maintenance
Manufacturing and Operations
Assists the HVAC Technicians in performing work in connection with the maintenance, trouble shooting, repair, cleaning, and installation of air handling, air cleaning, and refrigeration equipment and their associated controls, sub-systems, and mechanical and electrical devices, including high and low voltage equipment. Inspects buildings, facilities, and equipment and recommends repairs.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
- Assists the HVAC Technicians in the maintenance of all HVAC systems, components, fixtures, and equipment according to established maintenance practices and manufacturers' requirements.
- Repairs systems, components, fixtures and equipment in response to trouble calls, work orders, or specific orders from supervisor.
- Makes repairs as soon as possible with tools and materials readily available. Advises supervisor promptly of any problems that cannot be resolved immediately.
- Assists the HVAC Techs and learn to properly perform the following tasks:
- Provides top quality guest service and demonstrates established guest service orientation.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as air conditioners, motors, and air cleaning equipment and replaces damaged or broken parts.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery with other maintenance workers, such as supervisors, electricians, and maintenance staff in order to diagnose the cause of the malfunction.
- Diagnoses, repairs, and replaces faulty electronic components.
- Replaces electric motor bearings.
- Plans layout of HVAC equipment, ducts, fans, and thermostats.
- Diagnoses and replaces faulty refrigeration equipment in coolers and walk in refrigeration units.
- May be required to assist with estimating, material takeoffs, project specifications, and blueprints.
FOUR STAR AND FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE COMMITTMENT
All Team Members will display a Forbes Travel Guide Four Star and AAA Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Viejas Casino & Resort.
- Interacts with internal and external guests with a positive attitude and professionalism at all times.
- Does not provide supervision to others
- Completion of an apprentice program by an accredited educational facility preferred.
- California driver's license preferred.
- 0 to 1 year of related experience residential, commercial and industrial HVAC construction.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge and experience in installation and repair of HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
- Skills in construction, installation, and fabrication techniques.
- Knowledge of proper use and maintenance of power and hand tools related to job functions.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of building codes, rules and regulations.
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- See working conditions form for this position.
This position is located in Alpine, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.