If you are looking for a motivating career opportunity with a growing global company where creativity and communication are valued and encouraged—look no further. Verso has merged with BillerudKorsnӓs to become Billerud, a leading sustainable packaging materials and paper company. Billerud is passionately committed to sustainability. You can feel good about the products we make because paper is sustainable at multiple levels. Paper is made from trees, one of earth’s most renewable resources harvested from sustainably managed forests, and it is highly recyclable and recycled.
At Billerud, you can reach your full potential—and help us reach ours. Come build a better future with us!
The Communications Specialist is a team player who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where priorities are consistently changing. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a collaborative individual with high attention to detail and a passion for finding unique ways to rally people around common goals and objectives. As the Communications Specialist, you will create and execute various communications for both internal and external audiences using the appropriate media channels, monitor communication effectiveness, and proactively identify opportunities to improve our communications. You will spend a great deal of time researching and developing communications topics by collaborating with leaders from all functional areas of the business to obtain information on key company initiatives.
- Collaborate with functional areas across the organization to develop communications plans using multiple media channels and innovative communication techniques
- Work with cross-functional team members to perform writing, copyediting, and proofreading services to effectively communicate company initiatives and launch new programs – platforms include email and intranet announcements, presentations, social media posts, videos, internal events, and e-newsletters
- Consistently publish new and innovative content on company intranet, website and social media channels
- Manage and facilitate company Town Halls by partnering with IT and other colleagues as needed
- Create, plan and manage activities designed to increase employee engagement and understanding of company initiatives
- Support and communicate Miamisburg Community Giving Committee campaigns and activities
- Collaborate with HR benefits team on wellness initiatives (blood drives, mobile mammograms, flu shots, etc.)
- Create / layout employee e-newsletters using Adobe InDesign
- Select and manage company branded items and inventory at billerudbranded.com
- Monitor and evaluate metrics for communications initiatives; provide updates on the effectiveness of these initiatives
- Assist and backup Director, Communications and Public Affairs as needed
Minimum Required Skills:
- Excellent portfolio with a proven track record of successful project management examples (must provide portfolio of work at interview)
- Excellent grammar, writing, proofreading, and editing skills are a must
- Proficient to advanced interpersonal skills, particularly around stakeholder management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and ability to learn company-specific software applications
- Ability to learn quickly and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Possess effective time management, planning and problem-solving skills
- Experience in web design and content production
- Social media management experience preferred
- Graphic design, photography and/or video editing skills preferred
- Project management (ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously)
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and PhotoShop
- Knowledge of IBM Websphere
Minimum Required Experience and Education:
- BS or BA preferably in communications, journalism, public relations, corporate branding or marketing related field.
- 3-5 years in communications, journalism, agency roles
Travel: Less than 15%