Converting and Finishing Production Engineer
Wisconsin Rapids, WI•
Converting Production Engineer is responsible for providing leadership, process/technical support and problem solving to achieve gains in productivity improvement, product development, quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Improve and optimize production area processes by evaluating changes to operations. Aid operating personnel to better understand their processes and any quality problems encountered. Focus is on higher productivity, efficiencies and de-bottlenecking
- Assist with operator and maintenance personnel skill development
- Assist in ensuring the safety and health of all personnel in area of responsibility as related to work activities
- Provide expertise in daily operations with Team Leaders & Operating Crews and assist production areas as needed
- Make periodic inspections checking visual and physical characteristics of sheets being produced and mechanical operation of equipment; confer with other production personnel in regard to equipment failures and problems; follow-up on complaints and quality concerns.
- Complete cost optimization projects to provide significant saving through product substitution, reduced variability, improved quality and high operating efficiency
- Lead or assist in Process Variation Reduction, assemble mill monthly metrics / scorecards
- Assist in the investigation, recommendation, and implementation of new equipment or process changes and/or modifications which will simplify operations, improve productivity or quality, improve safety, and reduce costs
- Participate in design, installation, and training and start-up activities as required
- Maintain harmonious relations with team members by assisting in the administration of contract provisions and company policies to avoid breach of contract, ensuring conformance to work rules and regulations, and administering disciplinary measures when necessary
- Substitute for area managers during short-term absences as required
- Lead mill efforts in sheeter Runnability/Reliability projects.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, industrial or electrical engineering, or equivalent work experience 5+ years of related paper, operational, or manufacturing/industrial experience.
- Must have the ability to design and evaluate equipment and processes