Sales & Operations Business Analyst
Accounting and Finance
Who are we? We are passionate makers of paper, the most sustainable communication medium. Industry-best products and people. Committed, knowledgeable deliverers of solutions that help our customers and end users reach people. We make graphic paper products for direct mail, corporate collateral, catalogs, magazines and books, and specialty paper products, including release liner papers and label face stock for pressure sensitive, glue-applied and laminate applications.
At Verso, we help you to build your knowledge, education and experience and realize the career that’s right for you. We’re looking for great people. If you’re passionate about what you do and driven to do it well, there’s a place for you here. We offer competitive compensation, full benefits and an understanding that our people make us successful.
The Sales and Operations Business Analyst leads the monthly process to collect, vet, and then submit the unconstrained demand forecast into the monthly S&OP Business Process. This role will implement solutions to increase forecasting accuracy and analyze historical information in an effort to improve the accuracy and credibility of Sales forecasts as well Verso’s long and medium term forecasts. This role will work with sales, marketing, product development and customer service to ensure we are incorporating initiatives from these areas into the S&OP process to drive incremental EBITDA for the business. This role is critical in managing the customer segmentation process and ensuring the product and services we offer our key and preferred customers keep us as their first choice supplier. These accountabilities will in turn support the optimization of the profitability of Verso’s business balancing between supply and demand opportunities while delivering and creating transparency on the history and accuracy of the forecasts to the sales, production, and leadership teams.
- Lead the preparation of monthly demand and pricing forecast templates for submission and verification by the sales, marketing, and finance teams.
- Coordinate and facilitate the demand meetings to ensure consensus
- Lead a monthly pricing meeting with appropriate members of the Finance and Marketing teams.
- Coordinate and analyze industry and marketing data to understand impact to demand and price in our business and establish strong visibility on headwinds and tailwinds for early and efficient action
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Commercial Finance and customer service to ensure that profitability opportunities around customers, new product development, inventory and freight are captured and built into the S&OP cycle.
- Work with Marketing and sales to support the customer allocation process
- Propose and implement improvements to the forecasting process
- Identify constraints in both the demand and pricing forecasts
- Leverage industry best practices and continuous improvement to continually enhance the demand planning and price planning processes
- Work with supply and logistics to optimize and reduce costs
- Strong business and analytical skills with the ability to solve complex problems
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to analyze and manipulate large data sets in Microsoft Excel and other business visualization and optimization tools
- Ability to build solid relationships with customers, stakeholders, and production teams
- Demonstration of effective written and verbal business communication skills
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to direct work and influence stakeholders without a direct reporting relationship
- Familiar with demand planning software tools
- Experience utilizing statistical and modelling software tools
- Experience in the paper or other process manufacturing industries
- APICS CPIM, CSCP or PMP is a plus
- Lean, Six Sigma or other continuous improvement process certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Experience in Supply Chain Planning, or equivalent
- Cross functional experience across the organization is preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, BI