Paper Shift Supervisor
Manufacturing and Operations
To plan, direct and maintain efficient manufacturing operations for an assigned shift. Focus on Safety, People, Production and Quality requirements.
- Makes safety and environmental a priority by communicating, participating, and supporting EH&S efforts, ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met
- Supervise continual economic and efficient production in all areas of the paper machine system (stock prep, paper machine, coater, finishing).
- Provide safety, quality, technical, and operational support for the paper machine system. Lead and guide the development of crew members.
- Maintain safe operation for employees
- Ensure quality standards for finished product are met
- Work effectively with different groups on the mill site including maintenance, shipping, quality and technical
- Improve productivity and efficiency by positively interacting with crew members and management to perform basic troubleshooting, lead problem resolution and implement corrective actions Educate and administer the labor agreement, policies, and work rules with the crews
- Effectively use and support mill systems such as work notification processes, shift log books and computerized data management systems such as PI and Centerlining (PVR ,Process Variability Reduction)
- Work with hourly and management employees to improve training materials/process Participate in Kaizen events Promote Operational Excellence by focusing on operator engagement, coaching, and mentoring with utilization of the Document Management System (DMS)
- Good communication, organizational, troubleshooting, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong aptitude for mechanical, chemical processes, and computerized systems.
- Ability to make difficult decisions
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts (days and nights)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Pulp Paper Science or related field; or 5 or more years of hands on experience working in a paper mill environment
- 3 - 5 years Supervisor experience
Verso Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.