Operations Finance Lead
Accounting and Finance
Who are we? We are passionate makers of paper, the most sustainable communication medium. Industry-best products and people. Committed, knowledgeable deliverers of solutions that help our customers and end users reach people. We make graphic paper products for direct mail, corporate collateral, catalogs, magazines and books, and specialty paper products, including release liner papers and label face stock for pressure sensitive, glue-applied and laminate applications.
At Verso, we help you to build your knowledge, education and experience and realize the career that’s right for you. We’re looking for great people. If you’re passionate about what you do and driven to do it well, there’s a place for you here. We offer competitive compensation, full benefits and an understanding that our people make us successful.
The Operations Finance Lead is a hands on, self-motivated individual supporting and leading the Verso Mill Finance and Mill Management Teams in meeting their annual and strategic business profit and cash flow objectives. In addition, the position will have a dotted line to the Verso Mill Controllers supporting the Verso’s financial excellence which includes internal management reporting, the budgeting and forecasting process, and partnering with Operations to enhance the company’s processes as well as analyzing growth and profit opportunities. The role will ensure best practices and improve processes with the Mill Controllers and Mill Management. The Operations Finance Lead will have experience in an industrial manufacturing environment. You must have had prior exposure to cost accounting environments, inventory planning and ERP systems.
- Contribute to drive financial performance of the site together with leadership team
- Strategic business partner with the Mill Leadership teams
- Leading and implementing multiple EBITDA cost savings initiatives including but not limited to:
- Cost Improvement activities
- Restructuring projects
- Capex initiatives
- Sourcing plans
- Leading efficient and effective budgeting and forecasting activities that are complex, time sensitive, and cycle driven
- Providing incisive, persuasive, and solution driven reporting and analysis across multiple organizational dimensions
- Overseeing projects relating to cash flow, financial reporting, and revenue and expenses
- Gathering and analyzing data to identify areas for improvement and/or develop solutions to keep projects on budget and on time
- Establishing appropriate internal controls and project governance
- Supporting design and execution of the implementation process, including business requirement gathering, process documentation and solutions design
- Implementing change management strategies, ensuring stakeholders and teams are trained and adjusted to the new process
- Responsible for various month end close activities
- Contribute to drive financial performance of the site through World Class Manufacturing (WCM) strategies
- Liaise with Supply Chain, Sourcing and Logistics as needed
- Provide financial expertise and challenge on ad hoc projects
- Plays an active role in driving for change and continuous improvement in the business and within finance
Who are you? You’re a changemaker. You have the ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within deadlines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism. You love to win, and have fun doing it: Models success and fulfillment, achieves satisfaction by helping others to continue developing their skills.
- Microsoft Office required; Advanced Excel required
- Effective communication, interpersonal, analytical thinking skills
- Must possess a results orientation, competitive nature and a desire to make things better. This requires both critical thinking skills and the ability to translate into action that drives results.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant finance experience
- ERP Experience required; SAP preferred
- Business partnering experience with clear, focused and sound financial assessment and guidance (strategic insights, risks, and opportunities)
- Developing strong personal and team relationships across a multitude of business
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time to meet business needs.
Verso Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.