- Provide assistance and technical support necessary to solve operations and maintenance problems. Responsibilities include calibrations, preventive, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks and repairs necessary to maintain mill assets.
- Requires the ability to work extended hours, shiftwork, weekends, holidays and respond to after hour calls.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Possess the competence and have the initiative to learn the technology necessary to support the Mill
- Excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills
- A motivated self starter with excellent work ethic and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with SAP, MWS or an equivalent CMMS.
- Must be an electrical or instrumentation journeyman OR
- Have an associate’s degree in Electrical, Electro Mechanical Technology, Instrumentation or equal.
- Four years of recent industrial maintenance experience
- Proven and demonstrated commitment to safety procedures and policies
- DC/AC drive and drive control systems experience. (Preferably GE)
- Demonstrated understanding of Pulp & Paper equipment, processes, and systems
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (written & verbal) to all levels of the organization
- Recognizes and supports training and personal development
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, prioritize, and make timely decisions in emergency situations
- Working knowledge and support of planning and scheduling functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and support of predictive/preventive maintenance programs
Preferred experience in:
- Manufacturing environment
Verso Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.