Pulp Mill Operations Coordinator
Coordinate and direct the production activities of the Pulp Mill, Bleach Plant and Recaust Areas. Create consistency and advocacy across all crews while closing the gaps in the areas of safety, production, quality, direct material usages and indirect spending.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide daily operational direction to the crews and the Team Leaders to ensure department goals are met.
- Be the department resource and coordinator for resolving operational issues.
- Coordinate communications between crews and between departments.
- Monitor and direct the operational aspects of reducing the Realize-able Gaps.
- Identify where capital opportunities exists to close Realize-able Gaps.
- Participate in the budgeting process.
- Participate in the hiring, promotional and certification processes.
- Fill in for the Pulp Mill Manager and the Operations/Maintenance Coordinator.
- Provide leadership and support to promote improved reliability through the use of systems including Operator Driven Rounds, Maintenance Planning, Precision Maintenance and Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Provide leadership and support to ensure employee safety and compliance with environment regulations.
- Provide leadership and support to ensure product quality and consistency through the use of systems including PVR.
- Individual should be systems focused and proficient in interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills.
- 5 years of experience in operations and/or technical responsibilities in pulp manufacturing OR
- BS degree in Engineering
- A proven and demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams and lead change.
Verso Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.