Accounting and Finance
What if you could go to work and contribute to a sustainable future? Billerud Americas Corp., formerly Verso, is a leading sustainable packaging materials and paper company. We are passionate paper makers committed to providing the best solutions to our customers. It is our goal to deliver a quality product, on time. We offer competitive compensation, full benefits, opportunities for growth and advancement, and an understanding that our people make us successful.
If you are passionate about what you do and driven to do it well, there is a place for you at Billerud!
The Billerud North America Finance and Accounting teams aspires to be a world class Finance and Accounting organization. We partner with our multifunctional leaders to deliver sustained value creation, ensure stewardship and influence the strategic direction for our business. Our culture is anchored in integrity, trust and transparency. We have a relentless passion to “Make a Difference” with the business and organization through continuous improvement, focusing on what matters most and providing solutions to problems.
Billerud North America (BNA) is seeking a dynamic and hands-on Regional Treasurer for the North American operations of its Swedish based parent. The Regional Treasurer will oversee the cash management, pension investments, insurance, commodity hedging and financing requirements of the US entity. The Regional Treasurer will interface with key finance and operational leadership to ensure key business requirements are met and have a strong dotted line to the parent corporate treasury organization. The Regional Treasurer must be able to build strong partnerships across the entire Billerud North American Finance team including FP&A, Accounting and Reporting and Shared Services.
- Lead the management of and governance process retirement plan assets totaling in excess of $1B including investment strategy and asset allocation. In conjunction with external advisors recommend and implement risk reduction strategies as appropriate.
- Oversee management of cash systems including bank account structure and banking relationships with specific emphasis on driving cost effective cash strategies in coordination with corporate parent organization.
- Ensure cost effective delivery of banking services including purchase card and travel card service providers as well as trade and standby letter of credit activity. Take a lead role in driving the reduction of collateral requirements throughout the entity.
- Coordinate execution of hedging activities in alignment with corporate treasury, accounting and the business units responsible for commodity price management.
- Oversee North American insurance programs in coordination with Corporate Insurance management leveraging global programs where appropriate and cost effective.
- Coordinate with corporate treasury and senior management on financing requirements for North American operations. May include separate NA financing structures and related interaction with banking and rating agency counterparties.
- Ensure all treasury control and audit processes are in place and effectively operating.
- Manage people growth and development within the department, with an eye on building bench strength for the organization. Direct supervision includes a cash manager who manages a treasury analyst.
- Ability to identify and take ownership of issues. Provides insights and solutions
- Excellent communication skills (speaking, writing, and presentation)
- Leadership & managerial competencies
- Broad accounting background and excellent Financial Analysis skills.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, analytical skills, and strategic mindset
Minimum Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 10 years corporate finance/accounting experience with at least 5 years related to the corporate treasury function required
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required; MBA preferred
Travel: up to ~10%
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local employment laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, and any other protected classifications. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, discipline and terminations.
We participate in E-Verify.