VP - Business Finance
Accounting and Finance
What if you could go to work and contribute to a sustainable future? Billerud Americas Corp., formerly Verso, is a leading sustainable packaging materials and paper company. We are passionate paper makers committed to providing the best solutions to our customers. It is our goal to deliver a quality product on time. We offer competitive compensation, full benefits, opportunities for growth and advancement, and an understanding that our people make us successful.
If you are passionate about what you do and driven to do it well, there is a place for you in Billerud!
The Billerud North America Finance and Accounting teams aspires to be a world class Finance and Accounting organization. We partner with our multifunctional leaders to deliver sustained value creation, ensure stewardship and influence the strategic direction for our business. Our culture is anchored in integrity, trust and transparency. We have a relentless passion to “Make a Difference” with the business and organization through continuous improvement, focusing on what matters most and providing solutions to problems.
Billerud North America (BNA) is seeking a dynamic and hands-on Vice President (VP) of Business Finance who will have a significant impact on the overall BNA Business and Finance organization. The VP of Finance will oversee the Business Finance functions that service Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Commercial business and will participate on the BNA Finance and Accounting leadership team. This position will partner with all senior leaders to ensure priorities are aligned with Company strategies and financial controls. The VP of Finance will also play a critical leadership role to continue to development the BNA Finance Organization to become true business partners. The VP of Finance must be able to build strong partnerships across the entire BNA Finance team including FP&A, Accounting and Reporting, Shared Services and Treasury and have experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Lead the Business Finance team (Operations, Supply Chain and Commercial) for BNA and participate on the Finance and Accounting leadership team
- Lead the Business Planning Process (budget, forecast and management reporting) for the Operations, Supply Chain and Commercial functions. Responsible for the short-term forecasts, annual plans, and medium/long term plans.
- Lead, develop and drive corporate strategy and supporting key strategic initiatives within area of responsibility.
- Establish a Supply Chain/Commercial Finance team that will work seamlessly and holistically across BNA Supply Chain, Sales & Operations Planning, and Commercial business operations.
- Optimize and leverage the role of the Mill Controller and the Mill Finance Teams to best support the business holistically.
- Lead the establishment of best practices, work process improvements and efficiencies to enable breakthrough results holistically across the Operations, Supply Chain and Commercial Finance team.
- Become a true Business Partner with the SVP of Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain. Assist in financial planning, drive EBITDA improvement initiatives, and ensure stewardship and governance for the business.
- Build an understanding of business challenges, become a subject matter expert to provide insight, coaching and solutions.
- Manage people growth and development within the department, with an eye on building bench strength for the organization. Lead succession planning, workforce planning, people development, and performance management for area of responsibility and participate in these activities across the department as advisor
- Ability to identify and take ownership of issues. Provides insights and solutions
- Excellent communication skills (speaking, writing, and presentation)
- Leadership & managerial competencies
- Broad accounting background and excellent Financial Analysis skills.
- Ability to lead a large finance team
- Ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, analytical skills, and strategic mindset
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft suite, COGNOs, and the ability to navigate ERP systems (preferably SAP)
Minimum Required Experience and Education:
- 15 years of experience in a multi-location, capital-intensive manufacturing industry, with progressive leadership experience.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required; MBA preferred
Travel: up to ~25%
Billerud Americas Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.