Accounting and Finance
The Billerud North America Finance and Accounting teams aspires to be a world class Finance and Accounting organization. We are Intellectually Curious and Partner with our multifunctional leaders to help deliver sustained value creation, ensure stewardship and influence the strategic direction for our business. Our culture is anchored in integrity, trust and transparency. We have a relentless passion to “Make a Difference” with the business and organization through continuous improvement, focusing on what matters most and providing solutions to problems.
The Finance Manager is responsible for financial analysis and reporting to support continuous improvement efforts, financial planning and forecasting and internal controls to ensure stewardship and compliance with policy. The position also partners with and advises site business leadership through operational direction setting and strategic planning.
- Promote the safety and health of all team members
- Oversee documentation and compliance with Accounting Policy requirements
- Advise, consult and coordinate information with corporate personnel.
- Actively work with Storeroom, Maintenance and Operations to reduce working capital
- Be part of the weekend site manager rotation
- Perform & direct financial and business analysis functions and controls
- Ensure that the facility maintains accurate books and records in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and that the business is conducted in compliance with established corporate, sector, and division policies, procedures and practices
- Complete the required activities for monthly closing and management reporting. Responsible for billing contracted services
- Develop standards and analyze cost information around contracted sheeting
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of operational reporting
- Develop changes in methods and procedures to improve the quality and timeliness of financial data
- Provide business analysis and strategic planning guidance to management team
- Lead the site financial budgeting, forecasting and standard setting process
- Proactively and corroboratively work with management to develop site improvement plans
- Ensure the protection of assets through procedures which are consistent with corporate policies and/or other legal requirements
- Review and monitor location capital spending including returns calculations
- Facilitate the on-going learning, professional satisfaction and development of self and site team members
- Ability to make decisions on a timely basis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to embrace and manage change
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local employment laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, and any other protected classifications. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, discipline and terminations.
We participate in E-Verify.
- BS in Accounting or Finance. MBA, CMA or CPA desired
- 7-10 years manufacturing experience, Paper and Packaging industry experience desired
- Proven ability to interpret financial data and standard cost concepts
- Self-starter with the proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to mentor, motivate, influence and collaborate effectively to ‘make a difference’ each day
- Experience with SAP and Microsoft Office products
- High degree of internal and external customer awareness
- Understanding of strong internal controls
- Process management training
- Planning & priority-setting training
Who Are We?
We are passionate makers of paper, the most sustainable communication medium. We are committed, knowledgeable deliverers of solutions that help our customers and end users reach people.
We make graphic paper products for direct mail, corporate collateral, catalogs, magazines and books, and specialty paper products, including release liner papers and label face stock for pressure sensitive, glue-applied and laminate applications. You can feel good about the products we make because paper is sustainable at multiple levels. Paper is made from trees, one the earth’s most renewable resources harvested from sustainable managed forecasts, and it is highly recyclable and recycled.
At Billerud, we help you to build your knowledge, education and experience and realize the career that's right for you. We're looking for great people. If you're passionate about what you do and driven to do it well, there's a place for you here. We offer competitive compensation, full benefits and an understanding that our people make us successful.