- Provide high-quality process support and technical leadership to the mills operations group resulting in improved product quality, productivity and reduced costs.
- Evaluate product improvement or cost optimization projects by conducting trials including development of trial plans and authoring trial reports
- Improve product quality while implementing cost and variability reduction initiatives
- Develop manufacturing specifications for new grades through pilot coater and machine evaluations
- Reduce environmental impact
- Provide technical support for key departments
- Provide problem solving and analytical skills and leadership
- Assist with machine shut downs and start up
- Integrate safety leadership into daily activities
- Provide on-call and weekend duty coverage within a designated rotation
- Have the ability to problem solve
- Be action oriented and results driven
- Make quality and timely decisions
- Be skilled in process management
- Adept at dealing with ambiguity
- Able to create strong peer relationships
- Possess functional/technical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Paper Science or other related field
- Pulp and Paper experience preferred.
Billerud is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.