Finance Intern Summer 2023
Co-Ops and Internships
Billerud Americas Corporation is seeking talented individuals who desire a career in Accounting or Finance and who are interested in maximizing their education through an on-site Summer Internship opportunity at one of our Manufacturing facilities in Escanaba or Quinnesec, Michigan or our Corporate office in Miamisburg, Ohio. This role will provide accounting and analytical support to Accounting and Finance teams. This role is designed for a technically capable individual with a strong drive for results.
Must be able to commit to an Internship of no less than 10 weeks between May 15, 2023 and August 15, 2023.
- Conducting cost audits
- Preparing and analyzing cost reports
- Interpretation and application of financial policies and accounting standards
- Development of standard work documentation for training purposes
- Investigation analysis and resolutions of variances
- Working with internal customers
- Analysis of current manual tasks and recommendation for automation where necessary
- Other projects as assigned
Required Experience and Education:
- Must have completed sophomore year of college working toward a major in Finance or Accounting
- Must have a basic accounting functional knowledge
- Must be able to commit to an Internship of no less than 10 weeks between May 15, 2023 and August 15, 2023.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Ability to interpret financial data and standard cost concepts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills with emphasis in Excel. All other Microsoft Office products a plus.
- Self-starter. Quick learner. Motivated to improve self and surroundings. Team player.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local employment laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, and any other protected classifications. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, discipline and terminations.
We participate in E-Verify.