Electrical Engineering Co-Op Multiple Locations
Co-Ops and Internships
CO-OP opportunities available in our Mills in Escanaba and Quinnesec, Michigan
January-August or May-December
If you are looking for an impactful career opportunity with a growing global company who wants to challenge conventional packaging for a sustainable future —look no further. Verso has merged with BillerudKorsnӓs to become Billerud NA, a leading sustainable packaging materials and paper company. Billerud is passionately committed to sustainability. You can feel good about the products we make because paper is sustainable at multiple levels. Paper is made from trees, one of earth’s most renewable resources harvested from sustainably managed forests, and it is highly recyclable and recycled.
At Billerud, you can reach your full potential—and help us reach ours. Come build a better future with us!
The goal of Billerud’s co-op program is to cultivate the development of potential future engineering and leadership resources for our organization while providing high-quality process support to the mill’s operations group(s). Co-op assignments are structured to provide candidates with opportunities to grow and develop in their chosen discipline as well as educate them on various career paths within the organization. Although there is no guarantee of future employment, our goal is to have our Co-ops fully capable of stepping into a full-time engineering position within our organization by the end of the program.
- Provide electrical engineering support for mill operations
- Participate in and support start-up of assigned projects
- Provide engineering support for maintenance E/I technicians
- Maintain consistent and accurate electrical documentation
- Analyze problems and provide electrical engineering support for trouble resolutions following RCFA processes
- Provide engineering support for key departments
- Utilize problem solving and analytical skills to achieve department initiatives
- Engineering curriculum with an interest in the Pulp, Paper and Packaging Industry
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Must have completed three semesters of college education prior to Co-op start date
- Must possess strong communication and teamwork skills, with a desire to learn in a work environment that is modeled after a full time engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work permanently in the United States for other than practical training (Student work VISA does not qualify).
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local employment laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, and any other protected classifications. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, discipline and terminations.
We participate in E-Verify.