Process Control Engineer
Process Control Engineers are responsible for the creation, maintenance, administration and optimization of control systems in order to minimize process variation and reduce costs. Process Control Engineers provide technical expertise in Pulp and Paper manufacturing process control systems.
- Safe from the Start. Participate in department safety assessments, work in proactive manner to identify, correct, and coach unsafe conditions or actions that are observed
- Develop maintenance and operating personnel to take full advantage of the capabilities offered by our distributed control systems and quality control systems.
- Work with other maintenance personnel to optimize the performance of our control systems to minimize variation and meet specifications.
- Write and modify computer process control programs to optimize mill controls.
- Work closely with mill technical and production personnel in planning, designing, and developing new process control applications and improvements.
- Be subject to emergency call-ins and rotational weekend coverage.
- Work downtime days, holidays and weekends as scheduled
- Provide support for capital project planning and implementation.
- Assist E/I supervision in establishing maintenance procedures and schedules for process control systems.
- Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis to help resolve outstanding issues
- Electrical or Instrumentation background
- Self-starter, able to work effectively with minimal direct supervision
- Knowledge of pulp and paper production process
- Knowledge of Distributed Controls Systems or Quality Control Systems preferred
- Strong technical, problem solving, decision-making, project management, and computer skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and work in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects and issues
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, (electrical or chemical engineering preferred).
- Working knowledge of mill DCS/QCS systems and networking
- Working knowledge of mill data systems, data gathering techniques and statistics
- Two or more years of experience preferred