Maintenance Reliability Engineer
This role exists to support the Billerud Reliability Narrative and Operational Excellence. Specifically, Reliability Engineers support mill operational areas by providing technical expertise and use proven engineering principles to solve problems. Focus areas include:
- Manage/Asses Area PM Backlog
- Manage Area Critical Spares
- Optimize MTBF - Prioritize Work
- Manage Predictive Maintenance
- Increase the # of Assets in Precision State
- Develop Area BP SOP's
- Chronic Area Bad Actor Elimination
- RCFA Analysis
- Outage Support/Planning/Supervision
- Mechanical Engineering Projects
- Tank & Vessel Management
- Support Billerud Operational Excellence through; People, Equipment and Process care, Manufacturing Work Systems, Precision Practices and Reliability Engineering.
- Lead efforts to resolve sources of machine downtime, equipment failures, and production losses.
- Utilize root cause analysis to identify causes of failures and engineer corrective solutions. Apply Reliability Centered Maintenance methods to develop optimal maintenance strategies.
- Maximize the use of predictive and preventative maintenance activities to improve the mill’s condition-based maintenance strategy.
- Manage reliability improvement projects and risk management programs for the area. Champion Precision Maintenance Best Practices within area maintenance and outsourced work.
- Ensure conformance with applicable regulatory and engineering codes and company policies.
- Keep current on new equipment maintenance strategies and technologies.
- Manage Preventive Maintenance (PM) backlog.
- Manage area specific critical spares.
- Optimize Mean-Time-Between-Failure (MTBF) and prioritize work by importance.
- Manage predictive maintenance in specified areas.
- Increase the number of assets in precision state.
- Develop area Best Practices (BP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Identify chronic area "Bad Actor" elimination.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills and the ability to learn and function in SAP.
- Highly motivated, innovative, and results oriented.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to identify improvement opportunities.
- Will take ownership to drive the implementations of solutions to produce positive results.
- Has the demonstrated ability to analyze data and apply a risk-based decision making process.
- Paper Mill experience
- 4 year degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and 0-3 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance or reliability.