Accounting and Finance
BillerudKorsnäs provides packaging materials and solutions that challenge conventional packaging for a sustainable future. We are a world-leading provider of primary fibre based packaging materials and have customers in over 100 countries.
Verso, a leading American operated producer of graphic, specialty and packaging paper and market pulp and BillerudKorsnäs have completed our merger and are officially one company. Together, we are building a company that is passionately committed to a strong safety culture, sustainability, superior quality and delivering value to our customers. Our combined company operates ten production facilities in Sweden, U.S., and Finland with around 5,800 employees in over 20 countries and serving customers in over 100 countries.
What if you could go to work and contribute to a sustainable future? Our North American office is seeking a Tax Director. This vital role is part of our Finance team and will be responsible for developing US operations tax strategy and administering tax affairs so that our business is in compliance with federal, state, local and/ or foreign tax laws. This role will also work with our operating executive team and corporate parent tax teams to ensure that tax strategies and decisions are optimized consistent with the company’s focus.
- Identify and establish Tax Strategies
- Work cooperatively with corporate parent, senior executives and business unit leaders in pursuing tax strategies that support operational needs while limiting tax exposure.
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge of tax developments and legislative and regulatory changes.
- Manage outside tax advisors and counsel
- Lead the outside tax consultants by setting objectives and plans that fully utilize their abilities.
- Bring in expertise required for arriving at best solutions/decisions.
- Tax compliance
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all tax returns.
- Competency in tax accounting to ensure company compliance.
- Manage overall tax processes including Sales and Use Taxes and support for Property taxes.
- Lead tax audits; negotiate audit issues to the best interests of the company.
- In coordination with corporate tax function lead US effort in analyzing significant transactions, acquisitions, etc in order to develop and recommend most cost-effective tax structures.
- 10+ years working in the tax department of a Fortune 1000 company or Big 4 accounting firm or equivalent. Experience should be on the industrial side - particularly process manufacturing, consumer, energy or chemicals is desirable.
- Experience with international corporate parent relationships desirable
- Undergraduate degree with an accounting and/or financial concentration required
- MST, MBA and/or JD of LLM, with an emphasis on taxation, would be preferred
- CPA or JD required
Minimum Required Skills:
- Ability to function effectively within a dynamic environment managing multiple tasks with the flexibility to juggle priorities
- An independent-minded, self-starter who is highly motivated and energetic
- A team-oriented collaborative individual who is motivated by working effectively with others and forging consensus
- Strong management and interpersonal skills; able to make a powerful contribution to executive deliberation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Billerud NA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.