Aquatics Team Supervisor
Aquatics Team Supervisor, Bethel, AK
Community focused Swim Center Programming including Lessons & Lifeguards
YKFC, managed by HealthFitness, has a great opportunity for an Aquatics Team Supervisor. This is a full-time (30-40 hours per week), benefits eligible role located at the Yukon Kuskokwim Fitness Center in Bethel, AK. Under the leadership of the Facility Director, you will be responsible for the recruiting, training, scheduling, and management of facility swim instructors and lifeguards. In addition to supervising the Aquatics Staff, you will assist with the development and implementation of Learn to Swim programming, Community Water Safety and Aquatic Health programming, staff trainings, and basic aquatic maintenance. You will also assist with swim lessons, lifeguard coverage, community water safety, and aquatic health offerings. This team leadership role has 12 part-time direct reports and will lead 5 indirect reports (operations staff) while serving on a rotational basis as Supervisor on Duty. Schedule will require evening & weekend work hours and YKFC is currently closed every Thursday.
Benefits & Perks: Our comprehensive benefit package includes: Medical/Dental/Vision plans including HSA, PPO and FSA options, retirement/401k including employer matching program, fitness and wellness programs incentivized with medical plan discounts, certification reimbursement program, tuition reimbursement, paid new parent leave, paid Holidays and PTO (starting at 3 weeks for full-time associates), volunteer paid time off and much more.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Managing and supervising the Aquatic Staff (Lifeguards & Swim Instructors) including recruiting, training, and scheduling.
- Developing and implementing Learn to Swim, water safety, and aquatic health programs and activities.
- Instructing Swim Lessons.
- Serving as Facility Supervisor as needed and assisting with facility maintenance and cleaning.
- Other duties as assigned and needed.
- This site requires full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. HealthFitness adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years of experience in Aquatics, preferably as a team leader or manager.
- A passion for helping people live healthier lives & the ability to be a team player and positive role model for staff and patrons.
- Bachelor's degree, Associate's degree, or High School Diploma/GED.
- Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification from American Red Cross or a similar program.
- Ideal candidates will also have one or more of the following: Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) certification, Water Safety Instructor Trainer (WSIT), Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Certification, experience with swim meet event management, and/or teaching water exercise/aquatic fitness classes.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Experience developing, implementing and managing community activities and events.
Why Work at HealthFitness?
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, provides fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the second consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark/HealthFitness associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.