Massage Therapist (part-time)
Spa --> Part-Time
Massage Therapist - MIT, Cambridge, MA
Part-time, 5-10 hrs/wk
MIT Recreation, managed by HealthFitness, is looking for an experienced Massage Therapist to join the team working on campus in Cambridge, MA. In this position, you will administer professional chair massage services to a wide variety of members and guests. All supplies will be provided.
Hours will be based on the number of massage appointments scheduled.
What you'll be doing
- Provide safe, appropriate and effective massage therapy techniques for MIT Recreation members and community.
- Determine precautions and contraindications to massage therapy prior to each session.
- Explain techniques and apply appropriately to each client based on needs and preferences.
- Solicit feedback and respond to client reaction by modifying techniques as necessary.
- Perform other necessary duties incidental to the work described herein.
What you'll need to have
- Massage Therapy License for the state of Massachusetts required.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute required within 30 days of hire.
- 1+ years of massage therapy experience required.
- Sports massage techniques a plus.
- Good communication skills; listening and verbal.
- This client site requires full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. HealthFitness adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the
Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 & 2021 Award winner.