Digital Marketing Manager - Graphic Design & Communications
Digital Marketing Manager - Graphic Design & Communications, Cambridge, MA
*Please include resumé & cover letter with application*
MIT Recreation, managed by HealthFitness, is an integral part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Campus Community, with a culture that prioritizes and promotes health and wellness. We are looking for a design-savvy Digital Marketing Manager to join our team! Our mission is to spread well-being across the MIT campus and throughout the greater Cambridge area in an effort to enhance the lives of our community.
As a part of our team, you will lead MIT Recreation marketing efforts through thoughtful design, captive storytelling, and innovative content. All of these efforts contribute to our brand representation and customer experience. You'll be a member of the Recreation Management Team, leading all marketing, creative, and communication initiatives including print and digital design, blog/website content, and market research. You will be tasked with educating the department on best practices and marketing trends and presenting internally and externally to further brand development within MIT Recreation and MIT’s Division of Student Life.
Schedule: M-F, 9am – 5pm (periodic evening and weekend event coverage)
What you'll be doing:
- Take complex information and translate it into clear, concise, and delightful visual communication for print and digital marketing assets. Adhere to existing brand standards, maintain department’s brand identity and overall creative graphic design work.
- Develop and maintain annual marketing strategy and budget. Maintain strategic direction for branding, design, and communications. Track KPIs and pivot strategy/deliverables based on data analysis.
- Facilitate and manage marketing projects and schedule regular meetings with program staff. Collaborate creatively within the marketing team and conceptually with fitness, aquatics, member services, and other key stakeholders across our campus community. Participate in campus programs and committees that further the mission of the Institute. (ex: Campus Preview Week, Athletics Gateway etc.).
- Manage email marketing content from creation to fruition including monthly newsletters, special promotions, and important updates.
- Maintain a high-level understanding of Inbound Marketing and its components. Manage SEO including the development and implementation of keyword strategies to increase ranking and traffic.
- Perform market and industry research on relevant organizational topics and extrapolate respective intelligence to be evaluated and used for business growth.
- Design marketing materials including print and digital assets. Manage and update the department website via Wordpress. Maintain and edit website and social media profiles.
- Administer surveys and report findings to the department.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What you'll provide & need for success:
- Bachelor Degree in Digital Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications or related field.
- 4+ years marketing experience and ideally 2+ years in a management or team lead role. Health and fitness industry is a plus!
- Mastery of Adobe CC including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Proficiency in content creation and managing digital platforms including WordPress, MailChimp, Google Business, and Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter).
- Demonstrated experience developing high-level digital and print marketing collateral.
- Business and financial acumen, stellar project management skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience with both traditional and digital channels such as SEO, SEM, Wordpress, Google Analytics, marketing automation, and Mailchimp.
- Sense of humor, play, and measured experimentation.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute required within 90 days of hire.
- This client site requires full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. HealthFitness adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical/Dental/Vision plans including HSA, PPO and FSA options, retirement/401k including employer matching program, fitness and wellness programs incentivized with medical plan discounts, certification reimbursement program, tuition reimbursement, paid new parent leave, paid Holidays and PTO (starting at 3 weeks for full-time associates), volunteer paid time off and much more.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the second consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark/HealthFitness associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.