Personal Trainer (part-time)
Fitness and Recreation --> Part-Time
Personal Trainer, Cambridge, MA
Part-time, 5-10 hrs/wk based on appointments scheduled
Are you motivated by changing people's lives? HealthFitness is looking for Personal Trainers to join the fitness team at our MIT client site on-campus in Cambridge, MA. In this position, you will conduct fitness testing and assessments, advise participants of results, providing one-on-one personal training to members participating in the program, and educating them about the fundamentals of strength and cardiovascular training, as well as the proper and safe use of applicable equipment.
What you'll need to have
- Current Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM, NETA, NSCA or NCCPT.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute required within 30 days of hire.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology, or related discipline preferred.
- One year of Personal Training experience preferred.
- This client site requires full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. HealthFitness adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the second consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark/HealthFitness associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.
keywords: fitness, training, performance, coach, conditioning, wellness, ergonomic