Fitness Intern (Fall 2022)
FITNESS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
(Fall 2022 opportunities in the following states: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MN, MT, NC, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, WA, WI)
We have exciting opportunities for students wishing to complete their University internship requirement at a Corporate, Community or Hospital based facility. HealthFitness strives to make the intern experience unique and rewarding and to provide the opportunity to obtain focused experience in your chosen career field. An internship with HealthFitness provides students with exposure and/or experience in many, or all, of the following areas:
- Program administration
- Health promotion programming
- Fitness testing and exercise prescription
- Health and fitness motivational programming
- Group exercise class instruction
- Facility maintenance
- Data analysis & outcomes reporting
- Personal training
- Participant record keeping
- Special projects and promotions
- Health fairs
- Junior or Senior level Bachelor's or Master's level student working towards a degree in Physical Education, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Recreation, Health Education, Health Promotion or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Current CPR, First Aid and AED certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross required (or will be required by start date of internship).
- Personal Training or Group Exercise certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM a plus.
- Communication skills to instruct and interact effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Many of our client sites require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. HealthFitness adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Who we are:
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the second consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.