Aquatic Supervisor, MIT in Cambridge, MA
$1500 sign-on bonus, Full-time, benefits eligible!
MIT Recreation (managed by HealthFitness) is is looking for an Aquatic Supervisor to join the team in Cambridge, MA. This supervisory position supports the Aquatic Director and Assistant Director in the administration and operations of the Aquatic Center including staff, programs, and special events. In this role you will assist in day-to-day operations with a focus on Lifeguards, informal recreational swimming and diving, and building security. **Please include cover letter & resume with application**
Schedule: June to August: Sunday 10:00am – 6:00pm, Monday -Thursday 1:30-9:30pm; September to May: Sunday-Thursday 3:30-11:30pm
Benefits & Perks:
Relocation package available to qualified applicants! HealthFitness meets the diverse needs of our associates by offering personal and professional development, comprehensive benefits, and flexible employment opportunities. Benefits include health/dental/vision, life insurance, FSA and HSA, 401(k) plan, Employee Assistant Program, Back-up Care for Children, Adults and Elders and many health and wellness initiatives. We also offer a Wellness program that enables employees to participate in health initiatives to reduce their insurance premiums.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, training, mentoring, and scheduling of all lifeguard personnel to ensure safety and the quality of programs, practices and events.
- Manage the deck, supervise staff, facilitate Aquatic programs and open/close building.
- Serve as a representative for the Aquatic Program, managing phone calls, answering patron questions, facilitating user groups and directing patrons to appropriate staff.
- Interpret and assist in the enforcement of policies and procedures of the MIT Recreational Sports Department.
- Assist aquatic management with current projects and fill-in lifeguarding. Serve as Point of Contact and/or Building Supervisor.
- Oversee facility first aid supply inventory.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification through the American Heart Association, Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute required within 30 days of hire.
- 2+ years of prior management experience working in aquatics, recreation, athletics, physical education or related field.
- Certifications: CPR for Professional Rescuer, First Aid and American Red Cross Lifeguard Training.
- Ideal Candidates may also possess Certified Pool Operator, SCUBA, Lifeguard Instructor/Trainer and Water Safety Instructor certifications.
- This site requires full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. HealthFitness adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
For the second consecutive year we were selected as a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune. The award is based exclusively on Trustmark/HealthFitness associate responses to an anonymous survey. The survey measured 15 key drivers of engaged cultures that are critical to the success of an organization.