Fitness and Recreation --> Part-Time
Looking to make some extra money? HealthFitness has openings for part-time Lifeguards to join our Harvard University Aquatics team located on-campus in Cambridge, MA! In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of patrons using and visiting Harvard University’s Aquatics facilities, including the Malkin Athletic Center and Blodgett Pool. As a lifeguard, you will work with a team; assisting with maintenance projects; performing customer service; and helping to create an effective team environment while on duty.
Harvard's Aquatics team will be holding Lifeguard certification classes on-site for individuals who want to become a Lifeguard. Fees for these classes will be paid upfront, but will be completely reimbursed once hired and on staff for 90 days.
- Maintain constant and active surveillance of pool users and visitors, with emphasis on the prevention of accidents and injuries.
- Must be alert to all activities occurring in the pool area.
- Help to maintain order in the pool and enforce all facility rules and policies.
- Act immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of pool users and visitors in the event of an accident, injury or other emergency.
- Gives aid to those in distress and administers CPR and/or first aid as needed. Perform any required emergency response and direct staff.
- Maintain lifeguarding skills, swim fitness, and keep certifications current. Attend in-service trainings each month.
- Perform opening and/or closing duties at the facilities to ensure pools are clean and secure.
- Perform all required tasks of lifeguards, including secondary duties.
- Provide high level of customer service to all visitors to the pools.
- Ensure that the pools, Aquatics locker rooms and related facilities are clean and safe.
- Perform maintenance tasks as assigned, including, but not limited to, maintaining pool equipment, the bulkhead, cleaning the pool and decks, diving equipment, and testing of pool water.
- Assists with all aspects of swim meets, water polo games, competitions and other events.
- Handle administrative tasks such as completing reports, tracking pool attendance, receiving and returning lost and found items, inspecting emergency response materials (rescue equipment, first aid supplies, and signage).
- Informing the management team of any issues with the facilities, staff or patrons.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Lifeguard Certification from ARC or willingness to obtain Lifeguard/CPR/AED certification from American Red Cross.
- 1 year experience preferred.
- Meet Harvard Fitness and Skill standards.
- Attend lifeguard orientation session.
- Be dependable, alert and able to interact with people of all ages in a positive manner.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran