Health Fitness Professional (on-call)
Fitness and Recreation --> On-Call/Substitute
If you are inspired by empowering others to reach their fitness goals, we'd love to hear from you! HealthFitness has new opportunities for as-needed (# of hours depends on demand) Health Fitness Professionals at our client site located in Norwalk, CT. In this position, you will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and deliver health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will be responsible for providing outstanding in-person and virtual services to members and program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction. Availability: Position requires the ability to work varying shifts (6am-2pm or 11:00am-7:00pm after August 1st.)
What you will be doing:
- Supervises facility; build member relationships; interacts with participants in person and virtually and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Ability to direct and answer facility questions.
- Contributes to an engaging onsite and virtual community that drives member participation.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results both onsite and virtually; designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities, and goals.
- Creates marketing communications that may be delivered onsite and virtually.
- Assists in the development of Injury & Prevention and Physical Abilities programs.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new participants onsite and virtually; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Open/close facility and maintain safety and cleanliness of the facility.
- Administrative duties such as managing PHI and payments for personal training or other services and maintain facility communication boards.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What you bring with you:
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) or 2+ years’ fitness and wellness industry experience, along with fitness industry certification(s) from a HealthFitness approved provider.
- CPR/AED certifications through American Heart Association, Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- Ability to work varying shifts; site is open from 6am-7pm.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Strong technical skills with proven ability to use and teach on different virtual platforms, technical savvy to think fast and troubleshoot issues.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written and on camera.
- Designated professional workspace with access to tools to deliver virtual programing including WiFi and strong virtual skills.
- Ability to learn and teach virtually and electronically, Self-Starter.
- Strong presentation skills and professionalism.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Ability to adapt to teaching and learning onsite and virtually.
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.