Benefits Advocate Program Manager
HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a full-time Benefits Advocate Program Manager at our client site located in Greenville, SC. This role provides services to the Client’s employees and their families to assist in understanding, navigating and getting the best value out of the healthcare, wellness and employee incentive programs provided by the Client. In addition, this role will also assist employees face to face and telephonically with navigating the healthcare system as they seek health and wellness services, interact with providers and insurers and the client. The manager works in close conjunction with the Contract manager and Client Benefits team for on-going strategy and operational execution of the Client Benefits Plan Design and wellbeing program. This role also manages and directs all operational aspects of the Care Champion Team including; development of and adherence to the strategic business plan; staff supervision, training and development; and various administrative duties.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with HealthFitness policies, procedures and applicable laws including recruiting, orienting, training, evaluating, developing and planning the succession of associates. Plans, assigns and directs work assignments to ensure staff remain challenged and productivity is maximized; provides training and development opportunities to promote and encourage career growth.
- Ensures all staff is properly trained and hold appropriate certifications necessary for safe and effective program delivery; provides continuous feedback and coaching to all program staff to ensure quality of all programs and services being delivered. Conducts formal performance appraisals on an annual basis and initiates formal corrective action process when warranted.
- Consultative Liaison to Benefits Plan Design; serve as participant facing subject matter expert, serve as change-agent for implementation of change throughout operational arm of Benefits Advocates and communication to members.
- Understand all of the resources that are part of the Client Benefits in order to be able to teach other people how to use the available resources or to make appropriate referrals to other vendor programs and resources.
- Participate / Lead client meetings including Vendor Escalation Calls, Scorecard Review Meeting, Client Updates, Team All Hands Calls.
- Primary contact and Resource for the Care Champion Team.
- Tracks all participant and program data for measurement, outcomes and results; creates outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives. Maintains accurate records and ensures confidentiality of data collected in accordance with HealthFitness requirements, including (if applicable) file transfer, processes, collaborating with related suppliers and/or storage.
- Works in Conjunction with Client Counterpart and or/ other vendor partners to handle all escalation of cases.
- Coordinates planning and delivery of the Client program throughout the entire organization in collaboration with corporate and site stakeholders; ensures full integration of program throughout all lines of Client business (e.g. Health and Safety, Benefits).
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Minimum 3 years related healthcare/health insurance experience, claims processing or provider billing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience - Strong leadership, team management, interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time.
- Demonstrated Health Care Reform knowledge/experience and/or Medicare/Medicaid Benefit Knowledge Preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment, independently with minimal supervision.
- CPR/AED & First Aid certification through the American Heart Association, Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- CEBS, PHR, SPHR or CBP certifications highly desired.
- Previous Customer Service, HR, Benefits Background.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.