Lead Athletic Trainer, Industrial Injury Prevention
Occupational Health Services --> Athletic Trainer
Join our team and you will be eligible for a $1,000.00 sign on bonus as well as a relocation bonus of up to $4,000.00!
HealthFitness is looking for an experienced Lead Athletic Trainer to lead our Injury Prevention and Treatment program for our brand new client site located in Bath, Maine. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating and delivering work conditioning and early intervention services with the overall focus being the prevention of work related injuries within a manufacturing setting. You will lead the team(s) responsible for daily delivery of all injury prevention programs. You will be required to assess effectiveness of current interventions and enhance delivery methods to achieve maximum program results and participant impact. Additional programming efforts may include ergonomic worksite evaluations, ergonomic risk analysis, movement efficiency screening, and root cause analysis at the work site. You will be required to complete accurate tracking and documentation of all encounters with client employees, as well as to create reports for client and HealthFitness.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports the development and implementation of the yearly strategic business plan for the results-focused Injury Prevention program.
- Coordinates the delivery of the Injury Prevention program throughout the client site(s) in collaboration with the client’s multi-disciplinary stakeholders (e.g. Medical, Safety, HR/Benefits, Management, Unions).
- Interfaces with client’s Fit For Life program manager, company management, and peripheral departments, as appropriate, to assess client needs and identify HealthFitness programming solutions.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with HealthFitness policies, procedures and applicable laws including recruiting, orienting, training and evaluating.
- Supports the development and implementation of interventions/programs focused on the client environment to meet client objectives.
- Supports the planning and assignment of work duties to ensure staff remain challenged and productivity is maximized.
- Provides mentorship and assistance to all direct reports.
- Conducts formal semi-annual performance appraisals and initiates formal corrective action process [when warranted].
- Conducts employee injury prevention programs, education and training, including leading Work Conditioning classes.
- Leads individual worksite assessments, root cause analysis, body mechanic coaching and well-being education.
- Provide early intervention services for employees when warranted.
- Collect program data to support the program; manage and reports data for IPT services.
- Regular communication with Corporate IP&T Support for ongoing strategy, success of program, and service delivery review.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certification Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Athletic Training.
- Board Certified Athletic Trainer (BOC) Certification.
- Possess active state athletic training licensure.
- 5 + years of experience in athletic training.
- CPR/AED and first aid certification through American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Minimum 2 years Supervisory/Staff management experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to lead a team towards collective goals and strategy.
- Proven ability to collaborate, integrate, and partner with multidisciplinary teams/departments.
- Ability to travel to other client locations.
- Ability to effectively work independently or as part of a team.
- Work experience in a clinical environment (occupational therapy, physical therapy, cardiac rehab, and/or nursing).
- NASM, ACSM, ACE, NSCA-CSCS, CES or CSC certifications.
- Previous experience in Occupational Safety environments.
- Experience with OSHA regulations and documentation guidelines.
- Group exercise certifications/experience.
- Demonstrated skill in program development, implementation, marketing and promotion.
- Experience and expertise in ergonomics, injury prevention and management of work related injuries/illnesses.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.