Assistant Fitness Program Manager
Management - Fitness
Join our team in El Segundo and receive a $500 sign-on bonus!
We have a new opportunity for an Assistant Fitness Program Manager at our client site located in El Segundo, CA! In this role, you will contribute to all management, operations, technical and administrative functions of a large onsite health and fitness program. You will oversee day to day operations and routinely serve as Manager on Duty; may be the primary manager for a satellite location. Supervises 6 or more part-time/on-call and indirectly 1 FTE, assists with development of the annual budget and strategic business plan; and various administrative duties and reporting. This individual may also perform some staff responsibilities such as instructing group exercise classes; personal training; conducting fitness tests, exercise prescriptions, and orientations; and fitness floor coverage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise staff which includes full and part-time staff, on-call, group exercise instructors and interns. Oversee/supervise the day to day activities at the site which includes opening/closing, employee schedules, and ensuring proper protocols and procedures are followed to maintain the efficient operation of the facility. Manages all aspects of group exercise program including class schedules, instructors and class offerings. Seek additional opportunities for revenue.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the yearly strategic business plan to identify contract deliverables, program/ service offerings and initiatives, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy to meet client objectives. Submits employment forms, payroll records and billing worksheets accurately and according to contract provisions and HealthFitness policies.
- Develops and implements individual fitness programs, health education activities, motivational programs and special events; coordinates and develops marketing and communications to maximize program engagement. Manages membership list including the reduction in Inactive members and developing programming/processes for reengaging Inactive members. Assist with implantation of 4 health promotion programs per year.
- Works with Program Manager to ensure all staff is properly trained and hold appropriate certifications necessary for safe and effective program delivery; provides continuous feedback and coaching to all program staff to ensure quality of all programs and services being delivered. Conducts formal performance appraisals on an annual basis and initiates formal corrective action process when warranted.
- Assists with informal safety checks on a daily basis and performs routine safety audits on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis in accordance with HFC guidelines. Ensures staff receives proper training in company-wide and site-specific safety and accident prevention programs and procedures, emergency preparedness, and incident reporting and corrective action procedures. Conducts quarterly emergency drill and provides written report to PM within one week of quarter end.
- Manages all record and data management activities at the worksite, ensuring the proper storage, retention and confidentiality all data collected in accordance with HealthFitness requirements. Maintain a client membership level of 8% when a pay for service model or 20% of service population for no fee model.
- Performs staff responsibilities as appropriate including floor supervision, fitness testing, exercise prescription, new member facility and equipment orientations.
- Teach at least one free class (on-site or virtual)
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline plus two years of related work experience.
- CPR/AED & First Aid certification through the American Heart Association, Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute (if not current will be required within 30 days of hire).
- HealthFitness recognized industry certification in Group Exercise Instruction from ACE, AFAA, ACSM or NETA (if not current will be required within 90 days of hire).
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Prior experience in leading, coordinating and delivering effective programs including budgeting, marketing and promotion is preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook. Publisher and Website experience upkeep preferred.
- Personal Training industry certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA, or NASM.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.