Group Fitness Instructor (as-needed)
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> On-Call/Substitute
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
HealthFitness has a great opportunities for as-needed (# of hours depends on demand) Group Fitness Instructors at our client site located in Chicago, IL with the possibility of virtual instruction as-needed based on business needs.
In this position, you will provide general Group Fitness instruction as a part of the on-site Group Fitness program. You will interact with members and program participants to deliver safe and effective group exercise instruction and be responsible for providing quality service to participants in order to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction. Looking for instructors who can teach one or more of the following formats: HIIT, strength training, boot camp, core and stretch.
What you will be doing:
- Deliver safe and effective group exercise instruction according to program guidelines and facility schedule.
- Communication with onsite staff to maintain excellence within the program.
- Maintain accurate class attendance according to program policy.
What you bring with you:
You must have:
- Current group exercise instructor certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NETA or other nationally accredited specialty class certification required.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Minimum of 1+ years of teaching experience.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including the ability to motivate others.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to modify class according to participants’ physical abilities.
- Strong technical acumen with virtual technology.
- Stable internet service for delivery of virtual programs.
It would be great if you have:
- 2+ years group exercise instruction experience.
- Experience instructing virtually through Zoom or other technology.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.