On-site Health Coach
Health Promotion & Education --> Full-Time
Join our team and you may be eligible for a relocation bonus of up to $4,000.00!
HealthFitness has exciting opportunities for On-site Health Coaches within our brand new wellness program located within a large manufacturing organization located in Bath, Maine. In this position, you will be responsible for working within the HealthFitness service delivery protocols and processes to facilitate behavior change within the client's employee population. You will be responsible for providing health coaching according to HealthFitness established processes, procedures and ethics. This includes conducting individual sessions with health coaching participants in person or via telephone. You will work with participants to develop a personalized program that fits the participant’s needs, values, stage of change and goals. As an Onsite Health Coach, you will promote coaching services to employees and encourage enrollment and continued program participation. You will also assist with onsite biometric screening events, provide support to and collaborate with other onsite personnel and assist with or coordinate various wellness program offerings. All services will be provided in collaboration with the client’s existing resources and programming, including Heath Services, Safety, Ergonomics, and well-being teams.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivers personalized Lifestyle Coaching services for client employees utilizing the HealthFitness service delivery protocols and processes.
- Perform and document face-to-face health coaching in areas of personal health awareness, stress management/balanced living, sleep, nutrition, tobacco cessation and physical activity.
- Utilize HealthFitness established coaching guides, resources, and materials to support behavior change process and healthy habit development.
- Own and deliver upon all phases of the coaching relationship: enrollment, assessment, ongoing participation, and engagement.
- Review biometric screening and health risk assessment and utilize Stages of Change to identify participant’s knowledge, skills, and behavioral needs.
- Discuss and explain all areas of the coaching process including product information, protocols, phases and content of coaching relationship.
- Modify health coaching plan as necessary.
- Provide input and support to develop and improve coaching services and tools.
- Attend ongoing training and participate in quality assurance processes.
- Assists with the tracking and delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions, to include, but not limited to, onsite biometric screening events.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and engage program participants.
- Registered Dietitians may provide nutrition counseling.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certification Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a health related field (i.e. Health Promotion, Nursing, Public Health, Health Psychology,) from an accredited college or university program. We will also accept Registered Nurses with a related Associate's Degree.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a health/wellness or life coach. Preference will be given to candidates with in person coaching experience.
- Outstanding knowledge of lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight control and stress reduction.
- Experience with application of health behavior change utilizing stages of change or other theoretical approaches.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Experience handling personal health information and compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Experience with public speaking, presenting and delivering dynamic and engaging health promotion programs and presentations.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Master's degree.
- Licensed Registered Dietician or RN.
- CPR/AED and first aid certification from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Experience working with chronic conditions.
- Health Coaching certification.
- Experience preferably in health improvement, worksite wellness or related environment.
- CHES, ACSM and fitness certifications.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.