Health Fitness Professional (part-time)
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Part-Time
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
If you are inspired by empowering others in their journey to better health, we want to hear from you! HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a part-time (20-28 hrs/week) Health Fitness Professional at our client site location in Georgetown, KY. In this position, you will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and deliver health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will be responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction. *Schedule: M-F 4:00pm – 12:00am and Saturday 6:00a-05:00pm.
***Join our team in this position and you will be eligible for a $250 sign-on bonus AND $250 retention bonus on your 1-year anniversary.
What you will be doing:
- Supervises facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Coordinates and leads a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results;
- Researches health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials; conducts health education seminars/presentations.
- Personal Trains and designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new participants; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What you bring with you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Industry recognized Primary Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NETA.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA or NASM.
- 1+ years' related experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.