Physical Therapist (part-time)
Occupational Health Services --> Athletic Trainer
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
HealthFitness is seeking an experienced Physical Therapist to work on a part-time basis (20-25 hours per week depending on demand). You will join our Injury Prevention & Treatment department at our client site in Rockleigh, NJ and lead the evaluation and treatment of new and ongoing patients in our facility. You will create a treatment plan consisting of appropriate exercises, modalities, procedures and techniques in order to promote effective, efficient and safe recovery.***Join our team in this position and you will be eligible for a $1000 sign-on bonus!
You will be responsible for coordinating and delivering Physical Therapy evaluations and treatments to the staff and other allowable patient population by the client, in accordance with the New Jersey Physical Therapy Practice Act. Delivery of services will be delivered in a hybrid model, both in-person and virtually.
Additionally, you may be tasked to deliver early intervention services with the overall focus being prevention of work related musculoskeletal injuries. Duties may include leading work conditioning classes, delivering proactive and lineside job coaching, leading or facilitating pre-shift or during shift stretching programs, delivery of ergonomics evaluations, and leading educational sessions for employees. Other programming efforts may include ergonomic risk analysis, movement efficiency screening, root cause analysis at the work site, and any additional task deemed necessary by HealthFitness supervisor.
What you bring with you:
You must have:
- M.S degree or higher in Physical Therapy.
- Current Physical therapy licensure in the state of New Jersey.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification through the American Heart Association, Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- 2+ years’ experience in prevention and treatment and rehabilitation of orthopedic injuries and illnesses, ergonomic assessments/risk identification; injury prevention education and training; and wellness programs.
- Demonstrated leadership, written and verbal communication skills, as well as the capability and broad-based interests to effectively deliver physical therapy treatment, prevention and wellness services.
- Strong people skills, a positive attitude and computer software skills sufficient to manage and operate participant management programs and databases.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to lead a team towards collective goals and strategy.
- Proven ability to collaborate, integrate, and partner with multidisciplinary teams/departments.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to effectively work independently or as part of a team.
It would be great if you have:
- 3+ years related experience.
- Work experience in a clinical environment.
- Previous experience in manufacturing environments.
- Experience with OSHA regulations and documentation guidelines.
- Demonstrate leadership in program development, implementation, marketing and promotion.
- Experience and expertise in ergonomics, injury prevention and management of work related injuries/illnesses.
- Experience with delivery of group presentations/webinars/education.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Functional Movement Analysis and implementation of corrective interventions.
- Ability to travel regionally to other client locations (up to 25%).
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran