Fitness Floor Attendant
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> On-Call/Substitute
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
We have a new opportunity for an on-call (# of hours based on demand) Fitness Floor Attendant to join our team within our client's corporate fitness center located in Schenectady, NY! In this position, you will be responsible for supervising and maintaining the fitness centers located at 4 locations on this large client campus. You will promote and enforce policies and procedures, ensuring a safe and clean fitness environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes, greets and interacts with the members, guests and all those using the fitness center. Provides assistance, including offering tactful and safe advice to individuals regarding the use of equipment.
- Provides safe and effective instruction of all cardiovascular and weight training equipment.
- Conducts fitness equipment orientations.
- Inspects the fitness center and all equipment to ensure it’s clean and safe to use, reporting and restricting the use of broken equipment.
- Knows and abides by facility policy and procedures, advising members as appropriate.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times.
- Assist at any other areas of the fitness center as needed.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- CPR/AED & First Aid certifications from the American Red Cross, the American Heart Association, or the American Safety & Health Institute.
- Ability to use and operate a variety of strength training and cardiovascular equipment.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and is able to work with a diverse population.
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in and dedication to improving the health and fitness of the members.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.