Fitness Floor Attendant (substitute)
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> On-Call/Substitute
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
If you are looking for casual part-time employment within the fitness industry, we want to hear from you! HealthFitness has a new entry level opportunity available for a substitute (# of hours based on demand) Fitness Floor Attendant to join our growing fitness team at our client site located in Cleveland, OH! In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision and interacting with members and program participants within the fitness center.
What you will be doing:
- Interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Manages front desk and membership system.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times.
- Understand and execute the Emergency Medical Procedures throughout the facility.
- Demonstrate and instruct on the proper use of exercise equipment.
- Assist at any other areas of the fitness center as needed.
What you bring with with you:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- CPR/AED & First Aid certifications from the American Red Cross, the American Heart Association, or the American Safety & Health Institute required.
- Prior fitness and customer service experience strongly preferred.
- Computer application knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) strongly preferred.
- Physical demands require having the ability to lift 25-45 lb. weights for restacking.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.