Health Fitness Professional (as-needed)
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> On-Call/Substitute
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
If you are looking for flexible employment and are inspired by empowering others to reach their fitness goals, we want to hear from you! Health Fitness has opportunities for as-needed (# hours depend on demand) Health Fitness Professionals at our client site in East Cleveland. In this position you will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and teach a variety of group exercise classes. You will be responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
What you will be doing:
- Interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What you bring with you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc.) or 3+ years’ fitness and wellness industry experience, along with fitness industry certification(s) from a HealthFitness approved provider.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification.
It would be great if you have:
- Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA or NASM.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.