Health Fitness Professional
Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Full-Time
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
If you are inspired by empowering others in their journey to better health, we want to hear from you! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Health Fitness Professional at our client location in Atlanta, GA. In this position, you will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and deliver health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. This individual instructs group exercise classes; provides personal training; conducts fitness assessments, exercise prescriptions, and orientations; and provides fitness floor coverage and facility oversight. This position may also assist with or coordinate various health and fitness program offerings.
What you will be doing:
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Open/close facility and maintain safety and cleanliness of the facility
- Supervise the floor to build member relationships and monitor safety.
- Administrative duties such as managing PHI and payments for personal training..
- Conduct health assessments, one on one exercise programming (personal training) and provide education to clients.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required; or the equivalent combination of industry certifications and 2+ years experience.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA or NASM.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes (step, hi/lo, spin, kickboxing, Zumba, yoga, etc.).
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands including project coordination.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.