Fitness, Recreation & Aquatics --> Full-Time
HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a full-time, benefits eligible (30-40 hours per week) Aquatics Specialist within our client's aquatics program located at the Yukon Kuskokwim Fitness Center in Bethel, AK. Under the supervision of the Facility Director, you will be responsible for the recruiting, training, and management of facility lifeguards and swim instructors. You will assist with the development and implementation of Learn to Swim programming, Community Water Safety and Aquatic Health programming, staff trainings, and basic aquatic maintenance. You will be scheduled 20 hours per week for the key accountabilities and will also assist with lifeguard coverage, swim lessons, and community water safety and aquatic health offerings for an additional 10-20 hours a week.
- Assist with management and supervision of Aquatic Staff (Lifeguards & Swim Instructors). Including: recruiting, training, and scheduling.
- Develop and implement Learn to Swim, water safety, and aquatic health programs and activities.
- Instruct Swim Lessons
- Act as Lifeguard and Facility Supervisor as needed
- Assist with facility maintenance and cleaning.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- A valid American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification is required (or previously certified with the ability to get recertified within 30 days).
- A valid American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification is required (or previously certified with the ability to get recertified within 60 days).
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in aquatics, preferably in a leadership capacity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) certification is preferred.
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer (WSIT) certification preferred.
- Certified Pool Operator Certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation or related field preferred.
- Experience teaching Water Exercise/Water Fitness classes is preferred.
- Ability to be a positive role model for staff and patrons.
- Experience developing, implementing and managing community activities and events.
HealthFitness, a Trustmark company, is a proven leader in providing fitness solutions that engage and connect people both on-site and online, to create a strong community of health. Our work focuses on creating meaningful connections with each of our participants to help them move forward. We foster each individual’s journey by creating communities of health within the organizations we serve – so that everyone is supported. As an employee of HealthFitness you will enjoy a variety of health and financial benefits and receive competitive pay. We provide personal and professional support, training and development and flexible employment opportunities.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Age/Disability/Veteran
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.